-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Next stop, Adelaide! Love it. Reminds me of my school commute in the 80s when Hunslets and MVs were daily sights....
- 490 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- ballyercall
- layout
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
Intriguing possibility. 2A was sold for scrap from Dundalk, in the auction of the SLNC’s southern assets in spring 1959, to the Hammond Lane Foundry. This could be it, but the headlamp looks wrong. -
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
I’m not sure either. I think the Cultra one was at Portadown by the 60s because my dad remembers the shed foreman starting it up for him! -
Thanks JB - it’s Weshty who gets the credit for the fonts! I will paint the frame green in due course...and I remember seeing an SLNC sign in the boskage behind Florencecourt station circa 1978...
-
A GSR sign of the type JB mentions is below, mocked up before final installation...sourced from Studio Scale Models with plastic strip frame
-
Thanks JHB. Some lovely SLNC gems in last pic including ‘Pioneer’ I think?
-
That has a really nice look to it, David. The inset track down the side of the distillery looks very effective
-
Very neat work, Eoin. I like the removable brake gear
-
JB - here’s someone in the UK who has had a go at a small South American NG system in On30...https://playingtrains.wordpress.com/mylayouts/fcpyf/ His subsequent work on the system is here...https://playingtrains.wordpress.com/a-tour-of-the-fcpyf-2-2-18/ and another one..https://m.facebook.com/puertoborrachorailway.
-
-
Whether to Weather or Preserve Pristine - Quite the Quandary!
Galteemore replied to DJ Dangerous's topic in General Chat
Consistency is key. Try and keep the same tones across the layout, as JB hints above. The master modeller Giles Favell, who is a theatre consultant in real life, has techniques for this.... -
Wonderful - you should write the Wild Swan book on Irish 7mm modelling! Can just imagine ‘Lark’ fussing with some canvas roofed wagons on the harbour line....
-
Interesting stuff Angus. And thanks for the link to JJ Smith’s stuff. I had seen some of his post-closure shots before but not these!
-
Great stuff! Walked past this several times a week in the early 2000s so it’s great to see this view.
-
Yes, I have fallen foul of that GSS as a seller. Sold some of my son’s N gauge so he could start buying OO Irish stock. One item went to Australia via GSS. That’s where it broke down. The courier down under left a missed delivery note and the item vanished. Now clearly I had fulfilled my part of the deal - the item had reached Australia, as the buyer freely admitted. But it was a long drawn out process to clear it up!
-
Nice work Angus. Track looks the business
-
Yes, I saw one of those streaking up the West Coast Main Line today and wondered what it was!
-
That’s looking good David, and some useful technique advice. Funnily enough, I tried my static grass machine for the first time tonight, so this was a timely post to show how it should be done!
-
Always good to get a bulletin from Belmullet. Looks really well and avoids that sterile ‘shed planted on a siding’ one sometimes sees. Ground cover coming on really well!
-
Great modelling. Tackling a real location is not easy but you have captured Omagh really well - the locos and stock are icing on the cake!
-
The ‘human’ side is so important. Boyd, for one , was a man of strong convictions; a conscientious objector in WW2 (or ‘The Emergency’ depending which side of the Border one lived) who taught map reading to the Forces to do his bit. He was also an accomplished musician.
-
Ok. How are you doing the wiring? Keep it basic to begin with - and have a look here ...https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/
-
What are you stuck with in particular ?
-
Thanks David. A Boyd cine movie I saw years ago, of a Donegal 2-6-4T shunting at Stranorlar set to that music, has always lingered in my mind so it was fun to imitate! The loco is the first one I have ever built so it’s a bit of a learning curve. Getting the single wheel chassis to balance was especially ‘educational ‘. I did wonder if it was a little noisy. I shall apply a little lube and let her spin for a while.
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)