-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Yes my mum and dad are on it!
-
-
I wish ! My employer will find a house for us to rent but sadly that’s not a criterion! I wish ! My employer will find a house for us to rent but sadly that’s not a criterion!
-
Excellent work. Although I have a fair idea what my mood would be after a few hours cooped up in there chipping concrete !
-
Inspired by @Tullygraineys PP build I dragged mine out of the box to give her a blast up and down. Reassuringly she ran - also gave me a chance to pose a CIE grey loco with a proper black engine - the colour difference is striking. We are moving house in a month or two so this will be my last loco build for a bit - I have a blue 4-4-0 to do but that’s not a job to rush. I may try another small project though…..watch this space !!
- 582 replies
-
- 15
-
-
-
Sounds like good mentoring advice. Or is that coaching ?
-
I suspect they are a bit closer to an MGW P class
-
Don’t start him off!
-
Take up the dulcimer and you’re laughing !
-
Excellent. My PP responded to threats of being used as a hammer. It’s been fairly good ever since.
-
Silly question Alan but are all the wheels back in the same locations as before painting? That may lie at the root of this
-
Had similar with a coupling rod screw fouling a bearing. Has something worked slightly loose?
-
Lovely work Alan. And I know about display case models sometimes it’s just good to get it finished and off the bench. It’s a handsome model
-
Direct to Belfast via Preston
-
Lovely work Alan. Something mesmerising about those huge wheels.
-
After the relative disappointment of Black Lion, I wanted to finish a simple engine to get some inspiration back. It took longer than I thought, thanks to @Mol_PMB who has inspired more exacting standards by the details he identified in J26 variations. 558 seems to have had more variation than any other non-Tramore loco, including bunker steps, a tank brace, door clips, and an extra handrail, plus huge buffers. Sourcing some parts took time, and the buffers I found in the end are from a Heljan diesel so I suppose technically this has an IRM link. And thankfully @Tullygrainey she runs beautifully - due in large part to a special helical gearbox. Just the cab roof to glue when the crew have set and she’s done. Numbers are slightly too big but just about ok….
- 582 replies
-
- 17
-
-
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
An unalloyed success -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
I know - bold as brass -
Only right and proper. Now when are you writing that MRJ article ?
-
That looks really good indeed - well done!
-
Think it’s more likely to be the Nestle siding, John. Markets branch was in the Omagh-Beragh section
-
Looks like a key for opening a set of points - I have a vague memory of a siding at Mountjoy?
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)