-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Sounds good Alan. No 6 in either incarnation would be delightful. As for me, I am returning to a long-stalled project to build an ex-GNRI 4-4-0, a J class….now on its second attempt at a chassis…..bottom pic shows attempt 1, before I managed to find a Beyer Peacock GA. Top pic shows bogie almost ready to roll.
-
Get you re valve gear Alan. Thank goodness the SLNC never bothered with such twentieth century monstrosities. What about No6 or 16 next? Know what you mean about that gene too- I am planning out a 10thou footplate right now…,
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
These are fabulous. Given the cost of a colour photo in the 50s, unsurprising that few people took such views - better to spend the money on 3/4 loco shots! So glad he did though - gives a real insight into what it was like to travel on the Irish NG. Thanks Leslie - I’d just never seen one at Clones before. -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Eggs-cellent work…. -
He’s been in touch to offer me a discount, which I declined. ….
-
If it’s any consolation he can’t tell a 9F from a Britannia either!
-
That’s truly awful. It’s not even geranium red!!
-
Northern Ireland Railways / Irish Rail Models (OO Gauge)
Galteemore replied to IrishTrainScenes's topic in Irish Models
For NIR, try Silver Fox Models. Basic but solid models. Also try @WRENNEIRE here, who is a pretty good guide to what may be available second hand (thinking here of a Murphy 111), and what should be paid for it. Watch eBay too. Occasionally things pop up. -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
So sorry to miss this —arriving one day too late! -
Lanyon Place to Dublin is 113 miles 46 chains. Dundalk is 54 miles 30 chains from Dublin. So something in region of 59 miles plus. I’ll let you have fun of doing the precise maths. 80 chains per mile btw.
-
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
bonne chance avec le spectacle….it really should be French, Belgian or Québécois layouts in that room! -
Oct 1960 I think……
-
Excellent David - pushing the frontiers again…..very distinctive vehicles. Railcars/railbuses are dead easy to build so an extra challenge will help sustain interest
-
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
Very nice. That front 3/4 at Manorhamilton was a photographer’s favourite I think. Looks like 2pm goods from Enniskillen -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
He’s busy elsewhere. He’s so angry about Gt Victoria St being replaced they even named the project after him. -
That’s one thing we don’t lack. Values are everywhere - everyone has them. But it’s an economic term: values have no hard or fast standing and can change. And we all value things differently…. What we increasingly lack are virtues, I think.
-
I was intrigued - https://www.thedrive.com/news/37188/michelin-built-this-freakish-10-wheeled-citroen-to-test-truck-tires-at-110-mph
-
Much as I hate the place, with its deterministic aisles to force shoppers on a certain route, it is an ideal place for acquiring cheap baseboards - my ‘Abohill’ diorama being one. Whole RM web threads are devoted to its products .and my own modest Irish layout rests firmly on IKEA foundations..
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
LoveIy. Passenger eye view works esp well -
To regauge or not to regauge that is the question
Galteemore replied to TippTrainLad's topic in General Chat
Totally agree Brendan. It’s 7mm scale for me so pretty much all scratch but that 5’3” look is worth it and nowhere as hard as you might think. -
Well, my drawing purchase has just landed. For obvious commercial reasons I won’t post the images here! Suffice to say they are top notch and incredibly well done. Even if you aren’t a scratch builder they would be a nice bit of wall art. No connection other than satisfied customer.
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Yep. Any romantic ideas you have about 50s Ireland killed stone dead! Grimly real. -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
The reference to the dance hall is a nice bit of colour and I can just see the evening workings from Drogheda… although of course Ireland’s premier and legendary ‘Ballroom of Romance’ was located on Ireland’s premier and legendary railway, within walking distance of Glenfarne station on the SLNC…..the movie it inspired in 1982 is still wonderful….
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)