-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
We Got A Flat - Announcing the Bulleid LB and PWD Flat Wagons
Galteemore replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
Could be. The main company name was GA Brittain in Portobello - I used to pass it when walking from Rathgar to Trinity -
We Got A Flat - Announcing the Bulleid LB and PWD Flat Wagons
Galteemore replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
Leslie - I thought so too but it is actually an S class shunting cars at Strabane! -
We Got A Flat - Announcing the Bulleid LB and PWD Flat Wagons
Galteemore replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
Quite possibly, dependent upon tariff deals at the time. Post WW2, Morris motors built a sub-plant in Dublin to re-assemble CKD Minors. CKD stood for ‘completely knocked down’. Each car basically arrived from GB as a kit and was reassembled in Eire. This got around the tariff on importing brand new - assembled - cars. Cross-border export would have varied, I suspect, as to how high tariffs were. Late 1930s were the worst I think for imposed duties. -
If the SLNCR could carry cars - and did - I’m sure Dugort will find a way….
-
Pretty spectacular work David. Frustrating re gearbox but reassuring that chassis rolls. Once that hurdle is crossed the rest is just detailing;)
-
Rachelstown and St Stephens Green
Galteemore replied to The Derry Road's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Know what you mean about nerves. But this is just great - well done! -
If Redemptorists, of course, they have simply redeemed it and not stolen it…..
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Excellent. Can just see a grubby UG with CIE stencilled on buffer beam fussing with a few vans…. -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Amazing how that affects the scene. Really adds even more depth and body to what’s already a very splendid structure. Signature details such as the laser cut dagger boards really are worth doing properly as they have such an impact on the overall impression. -
915mm above rail height is standard for new construction
-
DCC ready - 4 pin socket
-
Loads you can do with an old 08 painted green or a cheap Hornby 0-4-0 diesel painted up. Triang 3F with a smokebox door wheel and flying snail on tender will look passable. Scenery can be made Irish very easily with Alphagraphix card kits.
-
N Scale Ballywillan, Co Longford.
Galteemore replied to Kevin Sweeney's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Great to see. Those marvellous buildings of yours deserve display on a bigger canvas - glad they are getting it! -
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
Thanks Ernie. I have a colour photo of the same movement at Enniskillen, taken a few seconds earlier, by Lance King, in a frame on the wall. -
Thanks for the report David. Went last year and it’s a great show. Always good to wander the stalls and see what’s there. Sad to see Hobby Holidays are absent nowadays.
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
That’s a relief. Was worried about angling after your help. -
Now that’s great imaginative work. Can really see this design style working with an 071 ….
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Thanks Patrick. I’m always trawling for good techniques like this. -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Are you fishing for compliments? Does look better. How did you paint the stone so well ? -
Big fish in a small pond, was it? Looks good ‘scaled’ back a bit. Net result is great.
-
Sorry Patrick. You lure us in and get us hooked.
-
So is this a plaice of worship then ?
-
These are exquisite. Lovely little scene at LQ too.
-
Warley (again!) IRRS Stand is C49, with Ballyconnell Road at C50!
Galteemore replied to leslie10646's topic in What's On?
The Japanese C62 - 3’6” - has been timed at 80mph….holds the official NG steam record AFAIK. If Drumboe’s restoration proceeds apace it may still be up for challenge -
If the passengers are that desperate at least the Clogherhead toilets are functioning. These are looking fabulous.
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)