New RTE series

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't even bother watching it tonight. I was on the verge of kicking in the TV screen whilst watching the last two episodes, so I didn't want to take the risk a third time!

It was basically an extended promo for IÉ, with several glaring inaccuracies. Even the 'talking heads' couldn't get their facts right on the few occasions where they were critical.

saw the last episode tonight and although it was informative, it didnt do much for me. then again this program is geared for the general public and not us train buffs!

I think we all appreciate it's aimed at the general punter, Seamus... even so, it doesn't excuse the fact it was poorly-produced and gives a false impression of the state of the network.

And the conclusion was basically 'ah shure spend a few bob now on the railway and twill all be grand. '

:facepalm: Magic money out of thin air, eh?

Edited by Garfield

Would have to say though that the helicopter shots at the end were just beautiful, particularly in how much of the original Victorian infrastructure was in place. If we could have had that for 30 minutes without the guff, t'would have been cool.

I'd love to see a program with a helicopter following some of the closed lines.

Or indeed a speeded up steady-cam on the line or hanging for a remote controlled mini-helicopter traversing just some of the more picturesque parts of our closed routes...

Would have to say though that the helicopter shots at the end were just beautiful, particularly in how much of the original Victorian infrastructure was in place. If we could have had that for 30 minutes without the guff, t'would have been cool.

I'd love to see a program with a helicopter following some of the closed lines.

Or indeed a speeded up steady-cam on the line or hanging for a remote controlled mini-helicopter traversing just some of the more picturesque parts of our closed routes...

The technology certainly exists these days...

Edited by Broithe

You don't even need a big chopper for the aerial shots anymore...

Jayzus, I'm weak at the knees after that Jacobite train. Just. Stunning.

Garfield, that drone-chopper looks like a business proposition! I'd love to see it done. Killorglin to Valentia anyone??

Jayzus, I'm weak at the knees after that Jacobite train. Just. Stunning.

Garfield, that drone-chopper looks like a business proposition! I'd love to see it done. Killorglin to Valentia anyone??

Ha, I've actually been thinking about building one... plenty of tutorials out there. And a GoPro camera has been on the shopping list for a while. ;)

Doubt the battery charge in the chopper would last the distance from Killorglin to Valentia, though! :P

Ha, I've actually been thinking about building one... plenty of tutorials out there. And a GoPro camera has been on the shopping list for a while. ;)

Doubt the battery charge in the chopper would last the distance from Killorglin to Valentia, though! :P

That baby has autopilot with GPS!!

That baby has autopilot with GPS!!

I think the GPS is more for holding a stationary position without input from the controls, or for returning to a preset location if you lose site of it. Don't think it can follow a programmd route as such...

The batteries is those babies last 10-15 minutes max, so you wouldn't want to let it off by itself, only for it to disappear into a distant field or woodland!

Just watched all three episodes.

Christ on a bike.

- Idiots from IE advertising their current wares.

- Transport gurus who talk for a free lunch and know bugger all about rail. Is Brian Mac Aonghusa still with us?

- Dublin-centric to a sickening level.

- Full of errors - "Rail and car were in competition since the advent of the internal combustion engine" Steam trains, love?

- "In the eighties the Enterprise service was launched" nope. google it dummies.

- Music - Die Hard one minute, introspective chill the next.

Was this a school project for a couple of young ones in Blockrawk Cawledge? Is should have been called "How the DART saved the Culchies" :facepalm:

Edited by Glenderg
I lied, I couldn't face the last one.

Guest hidden-agenda

Was this a school project for a couple of young ones in Blockrawk Cawledge? Is should have been called "How the DART saved the Culchies" :facepalm:

Save the Culchies =))=))=))=))=))