JM Design Tin Van update

Rate this topic

Mayner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am now taking orders for both the Heating & Luggage (hot water bottle) and Hooded van (Luggage Van), please send me a PM if interested. I will be in touch with anyone who has already placed and order or expressed an interest.

Kits are designed for OO or 21mm gauge and are supplied with RP25 profile OO Gauge wheelset compatible with Hornby, Bachmann, most modern track systems. The vans are priced at £55 with postage & packing to be confirmed.

The body work is brass with a simple slot and tab & fold up assembly suitable for gluing, though I strongly recommend solder for securing the sides to the ends and assembling the corridor connections (gangways).

The whitemetal detail castings include authentic CIE Bredin Pattern buffers, vacuum cylinders, vacuum and steam heating pipes all courtesy of SSM together with a representation of the distinctive spring/damper roller bearing axlebox arrangement used with these wagons, vans.

The first batch of kits to fill existing enquiries/orders should be available Mid-November with a second batch February 2013.

DSCF8496.jpg

Hooded Van

DSCF8503.jpg

Tin Van