Private Oil Shunter in Dublin Docks?

Rate this topic

I am trying to figure out if this is a false memory or something, but I recall as a kid my dad doing a job in the deep end of the Dublin docks and took me along. There was a rail yard with tank wagons there and I am almost certain there was also a small diesel loco working the yard that was not CIE. Can anyone tell me I was not imagining this? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Andy Cundick said:

Whats more Nonneminstre did a kit for that  Hibberd model,and it can be rejigged for 21mm gauge ,been there done it,Andy.

Wonderful tip.  Thank you, Andy.  I just sent a query to Nonneminstre Models to purchase a kit of the Hibberd 11-ton diesel, if the proprietor has it in stock.  

Martin

Northwalldocker, I have built one of the Nonneminstre kits, just take your time and low melt solder to assemble it. There are no registration marks or lugs to help keep it square just bevelled corners! Mine is 16.5 gauge, runs on a tenshodo spud , kadee couplings are tricky to fit. Digitrains do a sound file that is appropriate the gear changing is rather good! enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

18 hours ago, popeye said:

I think this might be the one you are thinking of.

Picture from steamtrainsireland.com

1971_23_dublin-1.jpg

thanks could well be. I think it was painted silver or white? Maybe a later livery. This was late 70s I'd say.

18 hours ago, popeye said:

And 2 more.

The colour pic is from steamtrainsireland.com

Irish Shell & BP..jpg

Irish Shell & BP.2..jpg

thanks everyone - fantastic. Loving the forum.