Beatles tracks...

Rate this topic

Broithe

2 hours ago, Lambeg man said:

Yeah, I never cared much for the way John Lennon used to act as if he was Liam Gallagher...

Old man rant warning:

I think the beatles, and that grumpy oul van morrison, are amongst the most overrated performers that these islands have produced. Only slightly more onboxious are the gallaghers. Can't stand any of them.

Rant over; I'll show myself out.

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

26 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Old man rant warning:

I think the beatles, and that grumpy oul van morrison, are amongst the most overrated performers that these islands have produced. Only slightly more onboxious are the gallaghers. Can't stand any of them.

Ok JHB - here’s some authentic west of Ireland railway music. The late shift pilot loco driver at Sligo in the 50s was a Dubliner and we happen to know that this was his favourite song….click the link, listen to this and you can almost see that J26 thumping up the bank to Sligo town.
For myself, I think Irish railways ran to the melodies of Carolan. Especially Lord Inchiquin. And the O’Riada version of Planxty Johnson.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tuohy+twenty+men+dublin+&client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=375&bih=628&tbm=vid&sxsrf=ALiCzsbdsjmBFsnN4RJ3nBaKxKjGtDyluw%3A1669750478784&ei=zl6GY_bDL9qQ8gLF3aeQBg&oq=tuohy+twenty+men+dublin+&gs_lcp=ChBtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXZpZGVvEAM6BAgjECdQhwtYg0xg909oBXAAeACAAZYBiAGFCpIBBDEwLjSYAQCgAQGqARBtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXZpZGVvwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-video#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:f4ed01ce,vid:IoRBLLTdXWM

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, connollystn said:
  • Author Broithe
  •  
  11 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Hornby was overrated also.

Bruce? And his Range, as well?

You're getting them mixed up with Hornsby. Bruce is a one-hit wonder, I'd say that at his concerts he sings the same song over and over again for about two hours. That's just the way it is......

Or Elvis Bachmann...........

51 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Or Elvis Bachmann...........

Or Bachmann Turner Overdrive...? 

1 hour ago, connollystn said:
  • Author Broithe
  11 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Hornby was overrated also.

Bruce? And his Range, as well?

You're getting them mixed up with Hornsby. Bruce is a one-hit wonder, I'd say that at his concerts he sings the same song over and over again for about two hours. That's just the way it is......

I remember a chap I worked with once describing a task as being "as tedious and futile as being Bruce Hornsby's drummer" - once you're aware of it, it's all you can hear.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Old man rant warning:

You're referring to the British duo and not Rory one presumes? Blood being thicker than PVA and all that

• Like 2
  • Funny 1