We're off!

Rate this topic

Gabhal Luimnigh

4 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

And then...... IMG_20230117_192448.thumb.jpg.0e743125b4c6aabfe99726baae638c0f.jpg

Followed by.... IMG_20230117_192720.thumb.jpg.4a4b7356b7d4f13a662d6440858ce273.jpg

Maybe not to everyone's taste but I like them. 

1st of coach’s are perfect, the looks like Gerry’s handy work 

2nd set need the roof painted black with a spray can, very easily done. And also more importantly, a white stripe along the top of the coach as per the other 2. It can be painted but I prefer a a long white transfer of the appropriate thickness if one can be found, and you feel you have the skilll to apply one 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

1st of coach’s are perfect, the looks like Gerry’s handy work 

2nd set need the roof painted black with a spray can, very easily done. And also more importantly, a white stripe along the top of the coach as per the other 2. It can be painted but I prefer a a long white transfer of the appropriate thickness if one can be found, and you feel you have the skilll to apply one 

Correct about Gerry, he is a gent, as regards the other 3, that was part of my plan to have a go at painting and weathering, I'm looking forward to it all. Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1

That's a very good way to get started, and inexpensive! The only thing I might suggest is put the white lin e on the vans and paint the roof black before doing the weathering.... in traffic, the white line often looked distinctly off-white / tannish due to weathering (brake dust)....

Looking forward to seeing this project develop.

• Informative 1

41 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

That's a very good way to get started, and inexpensive! The only thing I might suggest is put the white lin e on the vans and paint the roof black before doing the weathering.... in traffic, the white line often looked distinctly off-white / tannish due to weathering (brake dust)....

Looking forward to seeing this project develop.

Thanks lad, appreciate your help. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...