New Euro HO gauge class 66 specs

Rate this topic

Thats true, DJ its a well specced loco to be fair, but I still can't get away from the price ... €444 is a big step up in price from Accurascale's pricing. Even if I do get to send Mrs. Snail into a panic with thoughts that my models are going on fire and about to burn down the house, is it really money well spent? 😛

(actually, its a good job she can't see any of my wiring)

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Funny 3

One thing we would point out is that you very rarely, if ever, see smoke come out of a Class 66, a bit like our own 071s and 201s. 

But I'm biased... :) 

The ESU model is diecast, but our own model is no lightweight, in fact it's pretty darn heavy, has twin speakers, loksound 5 (same sound chip so!), hall sensors, stay alive all for a lot less...

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Thats true, DJ its a well specced loco to be fair, but I still can't get away from the price ... €444 is a big step up in price from Accurascale's pricing. Even if I do get to send Mrs. Snail into a panic with thoughts that my models are going on fire and about to burn down the house, is it really money well spent? 😛

(actually, its a good job she can't see any of my wiring)

Mrs. Snail might be happy to accept the house burning down if it means getting rid of those damn trains!

Not disagreeing on price, it's a massive massive jump! Think that the sound fitted Accurascale 92's were around €335, and having a non-sound model, or two, or whatever, I can vouch for them being incredible:

• Agree 1

According to ESU's website 'LEDs mounted on the boogies facilitate realistic flicker during braking'. Apparently the smoke generator will generate different amounts of smoke depending on the load too. So definitely some interesting features, but still a lot of money

Some more details here: https://www.esu.eu/en/products/former-locomotives/engineering-edition/class-77-in-h0/

1 hour ago, spudfan said:

"Brake sparks when braking hard." is listed in the specs. Wonder how they do that. Probably more noticeable in the dark....fire extinguisher to hand!

You can fit them to your car - onto the dust shields, and look like a racing driver...

oracle-lighting-dynamic-wheel-rings-2019hr.jpg

oracle-lighting-dynamic-wheel-rings2-2019hr.jpg

If you really want to...

• Funny 3

14 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Mrs. Snail might be happy to accept the house burning down if it means getting rid of those damn trains!

Not disagreeing on price, it's a massive massive jump! Think that the sound fitted Accurascale 92's were around €335, and having a non-sound model, or two, or whatever, I can vouch for them being incredible:

awh man i switched tabs and then i was like WTF when my laptop started off chuckling menacingly!

• Funny 2