I'm Back

Rate this topic

Murph

Unfortunately a lot of the cottage industries in this hobby are not even VAT registered as they have insufficient turnover to necessitate it. You just get stung for the VAT, MwSt or whatever your having yourself on top of the original price. Brexit has decimated this sort of trade between Britain and Ireland, especially Britain->Ireland. 

• Agree 5

Thanks for the info lads, much appreciated like, todays funny for ye, spent 2 1/2 hours building a set of angled steps to go from bus stop to the station platform (decided to move it due to cluttering up the area it was in and only having one platform) putting it nearer to the door end now with access from the top road, and giving me chance to add a L/H point for another siding so platform can be used on both sides.  I'll post some pics when finished.  Anyway seeing that it was only 2mm strong card, I stuck it with a Pritt glue stick, just about finished and left whole lot to dry for an hour, when I picked it up to try it in place it fell into 6 pieces, Jaysus Mary and Joseph,  Time to break out the Bostik !!!!

Edited by Murph
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Murph said:

Time to break out the Bostik !!!!

Just stick (see what I did there?) with PVA glue Murph. It bonds everything , never fails. Or try a trade glue called Mitre Bond. Comes in two parts, glue and activator spray. Sets in 10 seconds. Have to admit I have never actually been inside the door of Nancys. Working my way around to it 😀 Your buildings are amazing by the way. 

Edited by derek
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, derek said:

Just stick (see what I did there?) with PVA glue Murph. It bonds everything , never fails. Or try a trade glue called Mitre Bond. Comes in two parts, glue and activator spray. Sets in 10 seconds. Have to admit I have never actually been inside the door of Nancys. Working my way around to it 😀 Your buildings are amazing by the way. 

OK PVA twill be from now on, me own fault, glue stick was already out on kitchen table and PVA was in man cave (the press) Agree PVA is amazing stuff, I poured it between rocks in the cutting and it stuck them like concrete !!!  That'll teach me not to be a bone idle shite and just get the right stuff in future.  By the way guys I'm dying to share a little secret that some of ye may already know regarding free brick papers as well as roofing, signs, and loads more involving Microsoft Word which saves ye a fortune but I'm not sure whether It's actually (cough ! cough !) allowed ?  Advice please ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, murphaph said:

Without wishing to backseat moderate, I suspect if it involves any sort of copyright infringement then it would be unwise to post it on the (open) forum. Folks can always PM you for "random modelling advice" I suppose 😉

Thanks a mill , thought so, glad I asked first 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

Without wishing to backseat moderate, I suspect if it involves any sort of copyright infringement then it would be unwise to post it on the (open) forum. Folks can always PM you for "random modelling advice" I suppose 😉

Yeeesss. Now that I think of it I must PM Murph and ask him about.......  Oh yeah  how to play the guitar....🤐  On another topic, I was in Jack Doyles a couple years ago after a visit to Fota.  Had a very nice meal, me my wife and son. No scoops on that day but the place had a nice feel to it. Good spot when the sun goes down I,d say. Meal was delicious. Promised myself to get back again but hasn, t happened yet. It will though. And I,m a Leeds fan, since the early 70s. Like I have said on here before, I,m a glutton for punishment. Liverpool? At least its not United....

Derek..... Jack Doyles is a place my Scouse friend John and meself frequent quite a lot, specially for LFC games, It's the go to place for Liverpool fans in Cobh and is always jointed when there's a game on, have to agree the food is always good in there, The Quays by the Heritage Centre is also vey good as is The Titanic Bar and Wan Fu Chinese in the town centre. A Leeds fan eh ? .... I remember their glory days with the like of Bremner, Alan Clarke, Lorimer, Hunter and Jack Charlton, I had relations in a place called Short Heath near Wolverhampton UK who lived just round the corner from the Clarke family. Couldn't teach ye how to play guitar it's Tenor Banjo I play as per Barney McKenna in The Dubliners, played a gig yesterday at a nursing home in Midleton, had the old folks up dancing by the third tune !!!   :dancing:

• Like 2