DCDR Flood Recovery Appeal

Rate this topic

GSWR 90

16 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So, I have a question...

When, not if, but when, IRM release an 80:

A. Will there be a limited edition DCDR version?

And:

B. Will it be an authentic representation of the one in the video?

If they do release an 80 class, and if they do a DCDR version, I hope it’ll be 69+749 rather than 90+752. It’d be hard to get the graffiti on 90 and the rust on 752 exactly right.

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, GSWR 90 said:

If they do release an 80 class, and if they do a DCDR version, I hope it’ll be 69+749 rather than 90+752. It’d be hard to get the graffiti on 90 and the rust on 752 exactly right.

Well, you say that...

IRM1167-MAG-1_04_1029x1029.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Well, you say that...

IRM1167-MAG-1_04_1029x1029.jpg

Aye but Joe Lawton’s handy work m was quite iconic on the wagon and added to it…..whereas 90s graffiti…..well if it was done by a well meaning enthusiast trying to cover up the rust with rattle cans….they didn’t do a good job

• Like 1

Just now, Westcorkrailway said:

Aye but Joe Lawton’s handy work m was quite iconic on the wagon and added to it…..whereas 90s graffiti…..well if it was done by a well meaning enthusiast trying to cover up the rust with rattle cans….they didn’t do a good job

My point was that the IRM lads obviously have plenty of experience with graffiti...

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/3/2024 at 1:29 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

I hope that Bangor is a good weekend for the DCDR, along with everybody else!

Unfortunately I was unable to go due to a personal commitment and my replacement had to pull out at the last minute due to a medical emergency, so we were unable to attend. Hopefully the run-up to the next model show won't be so unlucky!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

13 hours ago, GSWR 90 said:

Unfortunately I was unable to go due to a personal commitment and my replacement had to pull out at the last minute due to a medical emergency, so we were unable to attend. Hopefully the run-up to the next model show won't be so unlucky!

That's such a shame, after everything you guys have been through with the recent flooding and damage.

Fingers crossed for the next show!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1