Well, Well, Well - A First Look At The Warwells In OO!

Rate this topic

Following on from the rather exciting news last Tuesday that we had taken on a number of the Hattons Originals toolings, beginning with the Warwells in OO, The Wainwright P Class and the Andrew Barclay tank engines, we can now bring you the first update on these projects.

We will have news of the Wainwright P Class and Andrew Barclay tanks in the coming weeks, but first let's look at the production samples of the Warwell wagons in OO gauge!

group_4_9269faa0-e9b4-429f-a682-4dbc8fa1

As reported in our announcement blog last week, production of these models is already complete and the models had already been signed off by the Hattons team. We are now responsible for the delivery of these models to market, with any Hattons pre-orders having been transferred over to us and is now logged on our system.

If you have not heard from Hattons, or from us and you do have a Warwell pre-order, please get in touch with us immediately so we can safeguard it for you.

SKU_H4-WW-022_600x600.jpg?v=1707819906

We can report that the fit and finish, along with the decoration on these wagons is excellent, and a credit to the Hattons Originals team, making these distinctive wagons really stand out. 

SKU_H4-WW-007A_1_600x600.jpg?v=170781922

We can now confirm that these wagons will leave the factory next week for their trip from the Far East to our warehouse in the UK. We envisage them landing with us in April, depending on the continued unrest and shipping disruption in the Middle East. 

group_2_09459bb2-29e2-49ff-a731-e77427fa

Although some of the running numbers are now sold out, we still have a selection which you can pre-order via our website for £25 per wagon. Click on the link below if you fancy adding some to your fleet, and be sure to check out Trains4u who have also commissioned two Warwell Wagons in this production run.

(Please note that this production run is only available direct only from Accurascale to safeguard Hattons Pre-Orders and maintain their original price point of £25, apart from the Trains4u commissioned run)

Pre-Order Your Warwell Wagons Right Here!

View the full article

• Like 2

This is one for JHB, or Mayner.

Anything remotely like this in Ireland?

With their name, I assume that they were for moving TANKS?

Not aware of any such vehicles finding their way here, even during the Emergency as you Southern guys delightfully refer to the apocalypse that was WW2. I wonder what the Irish word for Aramgeddon is .... (I bet Dave knows).

Back to the topic. Good luck with the Hatton lines, boys.

Any of these being supplied to Marks?

Would be nice to perhaps get one or 2 from the LMS.

just seen this so no is the answer plus the one I'd be interested in is sold out..: Please note that this production run is only available direct only from Accurascale

Next run so.

Edited by Georgeconna

They carried Shermans originally and then more modern military bits and bobs as well as some departmental use. The hattons run was already underway when we stepped in but they will join the regular accurascale family afterwards 

16 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

This is one for JHB, or Mayner.

Anything remotely like this in Ireland?

With their name, I assume that they were for moving TANKS?

Not aware of any such vehicles finding their way here, even during the Emergency as you Southern guys delightfully refer to the apocalypse that was WW2. I wonder what the Irish word for Aramgeddon is .... (I bet Dave knows).

Back to the topic. Good luck with the Hatton lines, boys.

Nothing similar to a Warwell that I know of.

CIE had 2 Transformer Trucks 23700 built Krupps 1930-57'9" long 50T capacity, 23701 built CIE 1951-72' long 80T capacity both used by the p.w. department from the early 70s.

I saw a 12w bogie well wagon similar to Hornby/Triang R242  at Inchacore at some stage during the 70s-80s https://modeltrainmarket.com/products/oo-scale-hornby-r-242-br-british-railways-trestrol-wagon-b901600-w-girder-load  possibly 23701.

No need for the Irish to worry about the Aramgeddon, apparently there  is something in the prophecies of St Patrick about Ireland sinking beneath the waves (and the) before the big day.