The Arrow is back….

Rate this topic

ttc0169

An epic tour, wonderful atmosphere on board and a great social outing too.

I have to say say the moment in this photo gave me goosebumps; I love locos, steam and diesel, but never have I had such nostalgia on like this railcar railtour evoked. Literally like looking into a mirror to childhood trips.

438093393_10220241641546352_9071515727544750654_n.jpg

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

The arrow livery is perhaps the only livery one can be nostalgic for even if you don’t remember the era or simply were not born! It’s so 1990s

I did suggest that we should have worn double denims or gaudishly 2-colour tracksuits. :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

19 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

For those on the tour. It was hularious watching jaws drop (particularly in Dublin) ir just the pure confusion on peoples faces as we went past 

My favourite part was in Grand Canal Dock, a guy in an adjacent Dart sat there bemused by what was going on, then eventually decided to take a picture himself.

• Like 2

Pictures from the Irish Railway Record Society's "Time's Arrow" railtour on the 18th/19th May when we brought a 2600 Class, celebrating their 30th anniversary in service and repainted into its original livery, from their current base in Cork back to their old haunts in Dublin when we visited Hazelhatch, Grand Canal Dock, Dundalk, Howth, Maynooth and the first visit of the class to the M3 Parkway Branch. After an overnight in Dublin, the tour returned to Cork on Sunday with a non-stop run from Heuston to Cobh, completing the 176 1/2 miles in 2 hours, 55 minutes and 49 seconds. We were delighted to welcome onboard, representatives from the IE senior management team and the vehicle builders Mitsui & JTREC who travelled on the railtour from Heuston to Dundalk and back to Dublin.

All the pictures from the weekend are available to view at https://thewandererphotos.smugmug.com/RailtoursPreservedRailways/2024/IRRS-Times-Arrow-Railtour-Saturday-18th-Sunday-19th-May-2024/i-cd6X2fJ

DSC_5014-S.jpg

DSC_5091-S.jpg

DSC_5352-S.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I’d love to get a model of this and build a scene based on the 90s. Is there any chance DandM models are still producing them? I just love the Arrow! First train I ever went on.

Edited by DavidConroy

9 minutes ago, DavidConroy said:

I’d love to get a model of this and build a scene based on the 90s. Is there any chance DandM models are still producing them? I just love the Arrow! First train I ever went on.

I believe D&M are long defunct.