Big load of Irish stock listed at Clark Railworks

Rate this topic

Tractionman

30 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

That was a mad one. Think the horse may have been a commuter in a previous life; he even waited behind the yellow line.

The horse was called Pat and actually held a current Safe Pass.

Although, obviously, the blanket should have been orange.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2024 at 12:38 PM, LNERW1 said:

Isn’t that literally @Horsetan’s signature? I’m on mobile at the moment so can’t check.

Its a song from " The Rubber Bandits" . Look it up.... No end to the talent in Limerick, kid!  😷

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, derek said:

Its a song from " The Rubber Bandits" . Look it up.... No end to the talent in Limerick, kid!  😷

I know who the Rubberbandits are Derek- “Horse Outside” is on my playlist and I listen to Blindboy’s podcast, and I like some of their other songs too. They’d never get away with “Up Da Ra” today, not even a decade later.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Only the wagons left, In the Narrow range

But at £225 for 5 and £270 for 6

£45 a wagon is high even for the quality here, What where the prices for the Class 5 and Coaches please?

Edited by commerlad

4 hours ago, Galteemore said:

The NG stuff is gorgeous. The 21mm gauge GNR stuff is stunning. Interesting to see these are built by Jeremy Suter Fancy a steam special, @murphaph? Wonder if @Horsetanknows anything of the provenance of these. Looks good enough to have graced Adavoyle.

Ellis Clarke does not specify whether the 21mm gauge locos and stock are built to P4 Standards or use OO/EM profile wheels, though Jeremy Suter was once the Scale Four Society sales officer so possibly  to P4 standards. The GN/UTA era of the models possibly a customer in Northern Ireland or from Ulster

Price wise the prices are not unreasonabe for professionally built kit and scratchbuilt items. The Jeremy Suter GN Van, Bread Container Wagon and GN/UTA Bread/Parcels van kits were produced 20+ years ago, very high quality and are extremely rare

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

6 hours ago, Galteemore said:

The NG stuff is gorgeous. The 21mm gauge GNR stuff is stunning. Interesting to see these are built by Jeremy Suter Fancy a steam special, @murphaph? Wonder if @Horsetanknows anything of the provenance of these. Looks good enough to have graced Adavoyle.

I'm not sure Jeremy will remember building these - they were done a very long time ago.