Dublin bus electric hybrid wh1

Rate this topic

GSI345

Evening Lads, Hope you like this

Dublin Bus Wrights Pulsar Gemini Electic Hybrid....Entered Service with Dublin Bus Summerhill Garage 22 Decemeber 2008 until 31st January 2012.

Following Morning it was sold to Ensignbus UK fleet Number 501. On Saturday 9th June 2012, she was destroyed by an electrical fault at Ensignbus Purfleet depot, setting former Dublin Bus Olympian RV 375 ablaze as well, thus ending this rare hybrid pioneer.

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Yes, a very nice model to have. I wonder if we will see hybrids in Dublin again?

doubt we'll see hybrids again. i dont know though....that poor bus has been very unlucky whilst with Dublin Bus. Its been in more accidents minor crashes....ect & then its demise an Electrical fault as outlined in the Main Post.

As regard Liveries....i think id prefere if Dublin Bus chose this livery across the fleet giving the more modern look although sticking with the old traditional green.....

Aparently im told the yellow in the current livery has some sort of a recognition effect to the visually impared...hence why the Current livery is in existance!!!

doubt we'll see hybrids again. i dont know though....that poor bus has been very unlucky whilst with Dublin Bus. Its been in more accidents minor crashes....ect & then its demise an Electrical fault as outlined in the Main Post.

As regard Liveries....i think id prefere if Dublin Bus chose this livery across the fleet giving the more modern look although sticking with the old traditional green.....

Aparently im told the yellow in the current livery has some sort of a recognition effect to the visually impared...hence why the Current livery is in existance!!!

Yellow is the last visible colour for people before they go blind I believe, hence the visibility aspect. The current colours would be fine if the design was better, the current livery design looks very out of date. Mind you I'd love for the green to come back. Mind you I loved the old navy and creamof the 60s and Cityswift.

cityswift i did like.....i must post my Cityswift AV repint also......they were always a lovely livery. I suppose the current colours are ok, perhaps they way they are used could change.....the arrangement perhaps......Maybe using the Current Airlink Livery design & using the current colours .......i dont know.....

Please fill me in what is hybrid is LPG or some type of gas

it was run of a battery.....a siemens battery, 30 Lithium Ion batteries which can be individually separated & serviced, the Ford Puma 1.9 diesel engine & finally an electric motor driving compressor & hydraulic pump.

The bus used the batteries for normal driving, charged by the diesel engine & like similar hybrid car technology also charges from regenerative braking. There is considerable noise reduction due to the smaller diesel engine.

In 2006 a request for hybrid vehicles was made to all manufacturers of double deck buses. The Wright Group was the first firm to offer such a vehicle and Dublin Bus agreed to lease a vehicle for a three year trial period. The vehicle will be used by Dublin Bus to evaluate the effectiveness of hybrid vehicles and will be monitored under the headings of: performance, driveability, availability, reliability, maintenance requirements, fuel consumption, emissions, and customer perception.

it was run of a battery.....a siemens battery, 30 Lithium Ion batteries which can be individually separated & serviced, the Ford Puma 1.9 diesel engine & finally an electric motor driving compressor & hydraulic pump.

The bus used the batteries for normal driving, charged by the diesel engine & like similar hybrid car technology also charges from regenerative braking. There is considerable noise reduction due to the smaller diesel engine.

In 2006 a request for hybrid vehicles was made to all manufacturers of double deck buses. The Wright Group was the first firm to offer such a vehicle and Dublin Bus agreed to lease a vehicle for a three year trial period. The vehicle will be used by Dublin Bus to evaluate the effectiveness of hybrid vehicles and will be monitored under the headings of: performance, driveability, availability, reliability, maintenance requirements, fuel consumption, emissions, and customer perception.

...and the results of the tests were that the bus moved on into oblivion :(

...and the results of the tests were that the bus moved on into oblivion :(

Thank god! I had the misfortune of getting it into town from Nutgrove when it was running on the 16A route, and I don't know whether it was the driver or the bus, but it didn't exceed more than 30kph for the entire journey to Dame St.!