DEAD 201's

Rate this topic

I think a few at least are less than complete inside....

Are any of them fit to re-enter serivce as I've been hearing rumours about them making a return. The June IRRS journal reports that IÉ are making a bigger commitment to freight, backed up by the billboards seen in a few stations around the country, which I'm assuming will require more locos?

Are any of them fit to re-enter serivce as I've been hearing rumours about them making a return. The June IRRS journal reports that IÉ are making a bigger commitment to freight, backed up by the billboards seen in a few stations around the country, which I'm assuming will require more locos?

isnt that why they are refurbishing the 071's?

I think I'd have to look the other way if I was approaching Heuston. The MK3's in Waterford still upset me, they were a seriously good coach. Hopefully some of the loco's may return to the rails. As has been said they are in a reasonably good state on the outside even if some are missing internal parts. Still sad though looking at them. The fact that the 071's are being overhauled speaks volume about their reliability.

Rich,