WANTED! Bachmann scenecraft 4 road engine shed 44-050

Rate this topic

rebelred

Hi lads,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I've been looking for the above 4 road engine road for ages now but I am having no luck,3 times I had it paid for only to be told it's out of stock!! :mad: I've found a few on sites in the UK but some are looking for ridiculous money to deliver it while the others are doing pick up only. Any help would be appreciated :praying:

Parcel motel is great, I use it all the time.

Ditto

It's faster, costs less, and all UK websites will ship to the NI address overnight in most cases. No more 'seller does not ship to Ireland' problems. I use it all the time. Parcels are usually delivered to our local Parcel Motel pick up point by 23:00hrs the night after it was shipped from UK websites (i.e. overnight to NI and evening to down here).

How does the Parcel Motel work then? Do you put their address in the delivery info & they tell you when its dropped off at the nearest machine to you??

Yeah. You'll get an email and a text from them telling you the parcel has arrived. It costs €3.95 per parcel and still often works out cheaper since many sellers offer free UK shipping.

This may be what your looking for, don't know about price,

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251479094802?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

They want £5.50stg (€7) to post it to the UK, and £60.00stg (€76.40) to post it to Ireland! What a rip off! Parcel Motel would save you a few euro there.....

Edited by aclass007

I'm thinking of using Parcel Motel myself for the occasional items that I want but the UK vendor absolutely refuses to ship overseas!

That way I can get someone else to send it or pick it up on the occasional time I'm back in the home country!

Just be careful when doing that, it's not unknown for sellers to cancel orders when they see parcel motel. Its due to not being able to properly track packages to their final destination.

I though that Parcel motel signed for the package and that was its final destination as far as the vendor is concerned?

As I understand it the problem arises when there is a PayPal dispute, where the sender now has no proof that the intended recipient has received, only proof it got to parcel motel leaving sellers open to fraud.

Just be careful when doing that, it's not unknown for sellers to cancel orders when they see parcel motel. Its due to not being able to properly track packages to their final destination.

Parcel Motel tell you on their site to put their name & their address under your own name on the delivery info?????

As I understand it the problem arises when there is a PayPal dispute, where the sender now has no proof that the intended recipient has received, only proof it got to parcel motel leaving sellers open to fraud.

Can't see how that's right. You can only collect your parcel with a code that is sent to your mobile phone by Parcel Motel.

How does the Parcel Motel work then? Do you put their address in the delivery info & they tell you when its dropped off at the nearest machine to you??

1. You register an account with them

2. You specify your local pick up location

3. Use their address as your delivery address BUT with your registered ID number on 1st line of address (1 above)

4. When they deliver to your local pickup location you get an SMS and an email with a pin number

5. You goto the pickup point enter your phone number and pin number and hey presto one of the doors opens with your parcel inside

http://www.parcelmotel.com