Euro 2012

Rate this topic

Garfield

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Holland will be the first team out of the competition and Germany the first to progress.

Not quite... they can still progress if they beat Portugal by two clear goals and Germany beat Denmark. It's a tall order based on their displays so far, though.

Not quite... they can still progress if they beat Portugal by two clear goals and Germany beat Denmark. It's a tall order based on their displays so far, though.

Yes, when I made my original statement it looked like Holland were going to be annihilated but they did manage to battle back in the second half.

I just flicked over from Eastenders and I have never seen as many quiet Irish men in one place. Roll on Fair City's next

Never been so proud than to hear those fan's singing for the last 15 minutes. Lump in throat stuff. Turn's out that Fitzgerald's Pub has just "slipped" to the end of the build queue. Well, I'll get to it after Fair City* I s'pose..... =))

*Fair City is S***e and I may never watch it.

Edited by Anthony

Never been so proud than to hear those fan's singing for the last 15 minutes. Lump in throat stuff. Turn's out that Fitzgerald's Pub has just "slipped" to the end of the build queue. Well, I'll get to it after Fair City* I s'pose..... =))

Now Now never let football get in the way of business. After all it's only football not cycling :-bd

It is exactly lump in the throat stuff... it make me proud to be Irish :)

Can anyone tell me why McGeedy is in that team?

What was he supposed to be doing?

Bleedin waster, never so dissapointed in a green jerseyed man :mad:

Nearly threw the TV out the window watching McGeady tonight... what was with the constant need to cut back into a bunch of their defenders when he could've ran to the by-line and put in a cross? Ridiculous. Trap's rationale seems to be that he plays for a team challenging for top-tier league titles, so he must be good - same way Gibson got games when he was at Manchester United, but hasn't been seen since he made the move to Everton (and improved).

McLean looked lively when he came on... hope he gets more game time against the Italians so we can get a proper look at him.

Edited by Garfield

It is exactly lump in the throat stuff... it make me proud to be Irish :)

Yes, the fans did us proud although I hear that Roy Keane was critical of them. It seems he would have preferred the fans to boo the team off the pitch.

A very disappointing performance and result but we were playing the world and european champions who, on that form, could retain their tilte.

The sad fact is that 11, bar McGeady, are probably the best players in their positions that we can field

They tried their best and that is all we can ask

I thought Dunne and Andrews really excelled

Its a sad state of affairs when my biding memory of the Euros will be the fans singing the team off after a good hammering!

You'll never beat the Irish (FANS)

Yes, the fans did us proud although I hear that Roy Keane was critical of them. It seems he would have preferred the fans to boo the team off the pitch.

A very disappointing performance and result but we were playing the world and european champions who, on that form, could retain their tilte.

I was raging with Roy Keane. He couldn't take the fact that they were having a god time and he wasn't.

Yes, McGeady is such a frustrating player. He has the talent, as we saw against Bosnia, but when you're in a position like that CROSS IT IN!!! I'm also really annoyed becasue that means that Croatia, my second team, have to beat Spain to finish ahead of them.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Respect" logo on the players shirts :

Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in football to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place.

So how can rolling around on the pitch holding a leg that has not even been kicked measure up to this guideline?

I have a major pain in me goolies with soccer, and I see it creeping into the GAA now as well

Rugby, although never played in St Declans CBS Dublin 7, has to be applauded for the way the players man up when tackeled.

Many the time I have seen players sent to the sideline for treatment when they wanted to continue playing.

Rant over, and I reckon the Germans are looking good for the title!

Looks like my forecast for the Huns has gone ass over tit

Super Mario is looking good, never saw him putting in those kind of shifts for City

And what about Pirlo?

3 man of the match's in 5 games

Milan must be sick.

I had a punt on the Italians before the tournament started Dave. With all the talk of match fixing and the state of the domestic game in Italy I thought it would be just like them to win it. Pirlo and Buffon have been the outstanding players in the tournament for me.

Rich,