No name layout

Rate this topic

Alan564017

Recently new to this site and I thought id share some photos (hope they uploaded successfully). Its not a permanent layout, it shares an attic room with my sons snooker table, so every three months of so its put together for a few weeks. It all dis-assembles and fits in a storage space. Half the fun is figuring out the layout, one of the main constraints is the point operation, they all have to reached manually while standing in the cut out. Over the last few years i've 'irish-ised' the stock and hope to complete this over the next year.

Future plans are to make it permanent (hopefully larger, when someone goes to college next year!!) loosely based on some industrial/freight environment, motorise all the points, get a 121, figure out how to do buildings and scenery. So I should be here for the next 15 to 20 years or so.

S2020008.jpgS2020008.jpg

S2020004.jpg

S2020005.jpg

S2020006.jpg

S2020011.jpg

S2020012.jpg

It's no longer the "no-name" layout. I'm christening it - with your permission - the "serious potential" layout! I don't think anyone here will disagree!

Looking forward to seeing it develop. Some very nice locos and rolling stock.

Or, given its domestic arrangements, how about 'Sheffield Crucible'? I certainly agree with the others that it is a great layout and am looking forward to seeing its progress.

Or, given its domestic arrangements, how about 'Sheffield Crucible'? I certainly agree with the others that it is a great layout and am looking forward to seeing its progress.

Layout packed away now, in good time time to watch a Kilkenny man (murphy) play John Shelby in the second round of the snooker and doing very well against him as I type.