• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First the WIMPS

[video=youtube;LC-H2wXK4T4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzeKiEtp0m0&feature=related

and now the MEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmx9J1jwAo&feature=fvwrel

I remember seeing a photo a while ago of a soccer player and a hurler

The soccer player probably dived and was on the ground and was doing the normal screaming and holding his ankle

The Hurler was covered in blood and appeared to be trying to persuade the physio/doctor to let him play on

I remember seeing a photo a while ago of a soccer player and a hurler

The soccer player probably dived and was on the ground and was doing the normal screaming and holding his ankle

The Hurler was covered in blood and appeared to be trying to persuade the physio/doctor to let him play on

Usually the first words out of a cyclist mouth when they scrape him up of the tarmac are put me back on my bike if he doesn't say these words you know its time to put him in the back of the ambulance. ;)

Cycling requires a 'machine' so is more based on the manufacturing and skill of the bike maker than solely the skills of the cyclist (which are still required), soccer requires a skill from the player, the ball (or the 'bag of air' as my Dad calls it) has little impact. Both are completely different really so it is difficult to compare them and besides; if all men were cyclists there may be a shortage of children in the near future:ROFL:

That kind of behavior has no place in football and FIFA should do everything they can to stamp it out. I don't want to get into the who's tougher footballers or cyclists, both sports can be tough at the highest level as with any sport. My brother in law plays junior league football and 3 years ago he had a horrific injury where he had an open fracture of the fibula and tibula. The bones were sticking out through his sock. The game was played in West Waterford and it took half an hour for the ambulance to arrive and Mark was in that agonizing pain without any pain relief. The medics couldn't give him anything only gas in the ambulance and it took another half an hour to get to Waterford Regional Hospital.

As a consequence of that injury he now has steel bars in his leg. After nine months rehab and physio he went back training and played again. He fractured his other leg in January and was back playing again last month. He doesn't get a penny for playing and received little in insurance after the injury and he still has the guts to go out and train and play every week. There was a famous Kilkenny hurler that was without a doubt the greatest hurler of his generation (and he deserves to be spoken about in the same reverence as Christy Ring) who also played soccer and I have spoken to the man on a few occasions. One time we were discussing the merits of both games and he said that you are more highly at risk of having a career ending injury playing soccer than playing football or hurling.

Cycling is a sport of endurance, willpower, and stamina and trying to compare it to soccer is a waste of time as both of them demand different things of the participant.

Rich,

Road Rash-another reason why cyclists are REAL MEN!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1152

[/ATTACH] Col du Aspin July 2011

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1153

[/ATTACH] Tour of Munster 2012

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1154

[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1155

[/ATTACH]

Alp de Huez 2010

:((

......and I do this for fun and relaxation!!!!

Road Rash x ray.JPG

Road Rash 3.jpg

Road Rash 2.jpg

Road Rash Hand.jpg

Road Rash x ray.JPG

Road Rash 3.jpg

Road Rash 2.jpg

Road Rash Hand.jpg

Edited by The Train Man

And Mr. Armstrong has just been charged with doping...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-charged-with-doping-by-usada

"I have never doped, and, unlike many of my accusers, I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one. That USADA ignores this fundamental distinction and charges me instead of the admitted dopers says far more about USADA, its lack of fairness and this vendetta than it does about my guilt or innocence" Lance Armstrong

'nuff said!!!!!:cool:

Edited by The Train Man