Bachman or 2700 dmu

Rate this topic

aaronc201

ok im not having any luck putting these images up,was trying on my phone and wouldnt work....just got to the Pc and images are too large to upload? iv posted them on a few oo gauge trading groups on facebook...its the ie2700 bachmann set that came with track and controller but im just selling the dummy car and driving car,the box is also mint if that wanted too.I think its actually a british class 158 thats just been painted by bachmann to look like a 2700

Just not needed on my layout anymore its in mint and hasnt been used that much...looking for 80 but open to offers and swaps.sorry no pics available at the moment.

ok im not having any luck putting these images up, was trying on my phone and wouldnt work....just got to the Pc and images are too large to upload?......

I have lately tried to post images of things (naturally, upside down!) but I have been unable to upload them for the same reason - "too large to upload". I'm puzzled - I've been able to do this before. Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry; off post........

I have lately tried to post images of things (naturally, upside down!) but I have been unable to upload them for the same reason - "too large to upload". I'm puzzled - I've been able to do this before. Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry; off post........

I find the easiest way to resize a picture is to open the picture in the 'Paint' programme in Windows and use the 'resize' facility to reduce the size. The picture can then be saved using the original name, or if you want to keep the original picture as it was, save the resized one using 'save as' with a different name. I just add an a to the name.

The 'paint' programme can also 'rotate' pictures that may be upside down JHB. I recently managed to post a picture on IRM upside down because the original had been scanned upside down due to awkward positioning on the scanner. When viewing the picture in Windows, I rotated it the right way up, but when I posted it to IRM, it came out upside down. Opening it in 'paint' revealed that the original picture was still upside down. A quick rotation using 'paint' sorted that problem, and the picture was reposted on IRM, this time the right way up.

I find the easiest way to resize a picture is to open the picture in the 'Paint' programme in Windows and use the 'resize' facility to reduce the size. The picture can then be saved using the original name, or if you want to keep the original picture as it was, save the resized one using 'save as' with a different name. I just add an a to the name.

The 'paint' programme can also 'rotate' pictures that may be upside down JHB. I recently managed to post a picture on IRM upside down because the original had been scanned upside down due to awkward positioning on the scanner. When viewing the picture in Windows, I rotated it the right way up, but when I posted it to IRM, it came out upside down. Opening it in 'paint' revealed that the original picture was still upside down. A quick rotation using 'paint' sorted that problem, and the picture was reposted on IRM, this time the right way up.

Good advice. I find some photo hosting sites (eg: photobucket, etc) very convenient for sharing images on web forums. Photobucket and others allow you to define in your account profile, a default max image size which it will automatically resize during upload, so you will never get the image to big message. I have my sites set to max width of 1024px wide which keeps them below 200k in size so fast to display. Then you just wrap the URLs using standard BB IMG tags

[noparse]bla-bla-bla.jpg[b][noparse][/noparse]

Some sites like photobucket, flickr, an smugmug, etc, allow you to edit photos on their site via web interface after uploading for cropping, adjusting image exposure, and rotating without breaking the URL link already posted to this or other forums.

Sorry; off post........

I find Imgur very useful - all my own pictures on here are through there - you can form folders, making things easier to find later, too.

When you've uploaded a picture, it's just a matter of copying the link and pasting it in here.

http://imgur.com/