St. Paul's Raheny exhibition

Rate this topic

Peter

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is the model railway exhibition on this year in Raheny? 

Peter 

MRSI Raheny alternate each year with the South Dublin MRC to hold an exhibition so this year the Dublin Exhibition is at Blackrock College (Cross Avenue Entrance) on October 26th, 27th and 28th (Bank Holiday Weekend) 11am to 5 pm. Wexford Model Railway Club will be there with their O gauge "Little Siddington" layout:

DSCF2919.thumb.JPG.434ba6b8b27089bb55513f3f8bf9188a.JPG

• Like 3
  • WOW! 1

34 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Looking forward to the O Gauge layout - it was my favourite last year. I was really impressed with the models on display and had a good chat with one of the guys who was very informative. Wonder if there'd be enough of a demand for Irish RTR models in O gauge?

Gerard

Nowhere near enough, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, connollystn said:

Hi Peter,

The South Dublin Model Railway Club will be hosting this years exhibition in Blackrock College - Booterstown DART station is only a short distance away.

Details are on the SDMRC website.

Regards,

Gerard

For anyone planning to travel to the show this year, beware relying on the DART, no DARTs are running between Connolly and Dun Laoghaire on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th October.

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I plan to come down to the show on Sunday, making use of the enterprise from Belfast. However can someone please advise me on how to get to the show once I arrive in Dublin? I recall someone said that the DART won't be in operation during those dates. 

Thank you in advance, 

Nelson. 

3 hours ago, Dunluce Castle said:

Hello all, 

I plan to come down to the show on Sunday, making use of the enterprise from Belfast. However can someone please advise me on how to get to the show once I arrive in Dublin? I recall someone said that the DART won't be in operation during those dates. 

Thank you in advance, 

Nelson. 

Don't forget Nelson it's in Blackrock Collage this year

On the main road to Dun Laoghaire at Booterstown, you can access up through Willow Park School or from Cross Avenue which is off Booterstown Avenue...

551897320_Blackrockcollage-00.thumb.jpg.794b0a27dab0ca14a26e687add9f10e7.jpg

Eoin

Nelson, you will have to make your way to the bus stop on O'Connell Bridge (southbound side). Then take a route 4, 7 or 7A bus to Blackrock College. The stop is almost directly across the road from the main entrance to the college and from there it is a short walk to the exhibition venue. For your return to the city centre, walk to the college's main entrance, turn left and walk along the main road for a short distance until you reach the bus stop. Again, take a 4, 7 or 7A to O'Connell Street and make your way to Connolly.

• 9 months later...

Some sad news this evening people
The MRSI's planned 3 day show over the October weekend in Raheny has been cancelled
We are hoping to stage a show early in the New Year depending on how things go virus wise, but should it happen we will keep you all informed

Stay Safe.

• Like 1
  • Informative 6