Whats happening to the spoil wagons?

Rate this topic

I see from photos posted online that there is a rake of spoil wagons being returned to flats and the 42s that were part of the weedspray train are having their water tanks removed at Portlaois Per Way Yard.

I know the weedspray train has had its day but why the the spoil wagons, are they surplus to requirements?

By chance, does anyone know how many flats were converted to spoil wagons?

27 minutes ago, Railer said:

I see from photos posted online that there is a rake of spoil wagons being returned to flats and the 42s that were part of the weedspray train are having their water tanks removed at Portlaois Per Way Yard.

I know the weedspray train has had its day but why the the spoil wagons, are they surplus to requirements?

A mole in the matrix has confirmed that they are going to Limerick for exams 8 at a time. Once complete they get their bodies back.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

2 hours ago, Railer said:

Interesting what will the spray trains be replaced with?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Railer said:

Yep, and that wagon was a spoil wagon and not part of the weedspray formation even though it has a tank installed on it too. It was just thrown on the set for brake force.

Yeah, I knew the wagons were used for braking force, any idea why they replaced the second tank/container with the spoil though?

No idea, the other flat wagon was a winch wagon then it was dumped at North wall yard and one of the 42 or 47 flats was added before that wagon was dropped back a few days later.

A rake of spoil wagons and the weedspray flats were all stripped a few weeks ago and reportedly sent to Limerick for exam.