IRM Now Stocking Full Murphy Models Range!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

Ah! Fair enough - was just interested. Lovely vehicles, very comfortable.

Hard to think what the most comfortable carriages are today...... the better seats in the NIR 4000s aren't bad.

Off topic, but the most comfortable things I ever travelled on, within Ireland, were the ex-GN / UTA AEC railcars' 1st class, one old NCC coach which ended its life as a railcar intermediate, but still with old NCC wooden varnished seat frames (UTA 526, I think; Lambegman will know), and  the De Dietrichs.

Some of the UTA / NIR "70" class centre and trailer cars were also pretty comfortable. The 80 class were awful.

By FAR the worst ever, comfort wise, were the truly ghastly UTA MEDs and NIR 450 "castles". Awful things to travel in. The DARTs and 2600s aren't far behind.

OK; back to topic - I digress.

I think a considerably-sized thread could be very easily filled with details of rolling stock interiors, the variations are so innumerable! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hexagon789 said:

I think a considerably-sized thread could be very easily filled with details of rolling stock interiors, the variations are so innumerable! 

Indeed - and in larger scales it’s relevant to modellers, as seat styles and colours are more visible (e.g. O gauge)....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...