Jump to content
Warbonnet

IRM Now Stocking Full Murphy Models Range!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Following the very successful stocking of the Murphy Models 121, we have now become a full blown Murphy Models dealer! We have the mighty 201 Class locomotives and Mark 2 coaches in stock ready to go with more on the way, making irishrailwaymodels.com your one stop online shop for all your Irish outline railway model needs!

MM201.jpg.e446456ce595fe575cc88aba500f53b4.jpg

A limited supply of 201 locomotives are available here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-201-locomotive

62303451_MMMark2D.jpg.ac57a536996c73182b3802189b037fea.jpg

Mark 2s here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-mark-2d-coaches

These are in stock so you can combine them with keg, bubble buffer stop and plough orders!

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 12
  • WOW! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news and very keen prices on the 201 and mk2's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean you are aware of any more plans for mk2s? There were supposed to be more, weren't there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chris said:

Does that mean you are aware of any more plans for mk2s? There were supposed to be more, weren't there?

Hi Chris,

Not privy to that information to be honest, just know these are the corrected paint job Mark IIs in supertrain livery. Not sure if there will be any more, but if there will be we will be stocking them too.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

Any EGVs in the box?

 

Afraid not, all sold out at Murphy Models!

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel said:

Good news and very keen prices on the 201 and mk2's. 

Certainly good prices when compared to the original asking prices when they came out.

Coaches 10 notes less when they came out.

Are these coaches the ones with the fuzzy Black- Orange Demarcation as I did not buy some of these when they first came out for that particular reason?

Cheers

George

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Certainly good prices when compared to the original asking prices when they came out.

Coaches 10 notes less when they came out.

Are these coaches the ones with the fuzzy Black- Orange Demarcation as I did not buy some of these when they first came out for that particular reason?

Cheers

George

 

 

Hi George,

No, these are corrected re manufactured batch, so all good! 

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are irm going to keep expanding and do other ranges that are available from other manufacturers of irish items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Are these coaches the ones with the fuzzy Black- Orange Demarcation as I did not buy some of these when they first came out for that particular reason?

 

 

 

George,

I was the exact same, was so disappointed after the amazing Cravens and the other MK 2s.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first batch of S/T coaches can be identified by the box description in smaller case that the later batch
Also their numbers are different by 1, First Class in Original release 5101, in Second Release 5102 etc, capiche?

5101ST1st.thumb.JPG.36395a26e9fb7eccb6dc1ab722d3abee.JPG

 

Second batch

 

1631366234_5102STIst.thumb.JPG.0cbbfe3dec6da8ace14c2cb99bbcb538.JPG

 

Original Composite 5151

 

861128141_5151STComp.thumb.JPG.a5b98871abcc2e68326dc5c36c22e63d.JPG

 

Second Batch 5152:

 

2074961495_5152STComp.thumb.JPG.f81b18baf2d3386853c26453359b9b33.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mphoey said:

are irm going to keep expanding and do other ranges that are available from other manufacturers of irish items

We'll see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

The first batch of S/T coaches can be identified by the box description in smaller case that the later batch
Also their numbers are different by 1, First Class in Original release 5101, in Second Release 5102 etc, capiche?

5101ST1st.thumb.JPG.36395a26e9fb7eccb6dc1ab722d3abee.JPG

 

Second batch

 

1631366234_5102STIst.thumb.JPG.0cbbfe3dec6da8ace14c2cb99bbcb538.JPG

 

Original Composite 5151

 

861128141_5151STComp.thumb.JPG.a5b98871abcc2e68326dc5c36c22e63d.JPG

 

Second Batch 5152:

 

2074961495_5152STComp.thumb.JPG.f81b18baf2d3386853c26453359b9b33.JPG

You can see the difference in the "orange" too between batches, the latter is more brownish with less yellow in it and looks more "correct" to my eyes.

If there were EGVs and diners still kicking about it would be tempted at the keen prices.

5 hours ago, chris said:

Does that mean you are aware of any more plans for mk2s? There were supposed to be more, weren't there?

Excuse me if I remember wrongly, but I seem to recall reading, not on this forum I add, that there would be another batch but I don't think they were to be Supertrain.

Personally, I'd love more in Supertrain myself! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

No 071 Class models listed?

Out Of Stock I'm afraid. Only the listed 201's and a very small amount of Mk2d coaches are available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hexagon789 said:

Excuse me if I remember wrongly, but I seem to recall reading, not on this forum I add, that there would be another batch but I don't think they were to be Supertrain.

The IR livery hasn't been done yet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

The IR livery hasn't been done yet. 

That might be it then, trouble is you read so many things in so many places they tend to blur somewhat!

Edited by hexagon789

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi George,

No, these are corrected re manufactured batch, so all good! 

Cheers!

Fran

Cool couple of these not on my stock list so hot dog! I might visit the loft to make sure...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well that's all the Mk 2D gone, I thought about it but I think that's the world saying get them another time. The lack of EGV and diner made me hesitate.

Still nice to know where to go in the future for any orders :)

Edited by hexagon789
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sold very quickly, thanks everyone. We hope to get more in very soon!

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 2
  • WOW! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow sold out already. That is amazing. Shows how much of an impact the super train era had on modelers. Good job lads at IRM.

MM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Yes, sold very quickly, thanks everyone. We hope to get more in very soon!

Cheers!

Fran

Good Job so , Sweating in the storage stash looking at the bits n bobs and Missing 3 of those babies 

5202
5152
5214

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many mk2d's is there including the supertrain with the see through white stripe ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Intercity, including the 2 Galways
16 S/Trains 8 Original & 8 of the later issue
3 Lima/MM from the L149801-1 Set

George I might be able to help you out with some of your missing ones, will check the vaults in the morning

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have the following George
5152 Comp
5202 Std
5214 Std
5402 Diner
5408 Diner
5605 EGV (Sold to a stout moderator)

 

Edited by WRENNEIRE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Good Job so , Sweating in the storage stash looking at the bits n bobs and Missing 3 of those babies 

5202
5152
5214

 

 

Yep have them all, I wonder if mm will ever do an IR rake.

Also found these Lima ones...wonder why there's 2 different boxes though

20200619_204638.jpg

20200619_203127.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lima took over  Jouef in 2001 and from then on the models were labelled with the Lima/Jouef tag
So early Lima/MM models had an L prefix and the later Lima/Jouef /MM models had a LT prefix, the River Boyne, Exec Coaches, NIR and Galway packs

Edited by WRENNEIRE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carriages after 1970 are not my area of knowledge, by any means, so a question. If someone wanted to make a set of the “Galway” International set, with the larger windows (as opposed to “Galway” liveries Mk 2’s), does anyone make coaches suitable for repainting?

Just out of interest.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Carriages after 1970 are not my area of knowledge, by any means, so a question. If someone wanted to make a set of the “Galway” International set, with the larger windows (as opposed to “Galway” liveries Mk 2’s), does anyone make coaches suitable for repainting?

Just out of interest.....

I don't think so, quite a niche design. While I believe in Ireland they were refereed to as Mk3A, they are really little like a Mk3.

In the UK for instance, Mk3 referred to the HST trailers, the Mk3A were the first batch of loco-hauled Mk3s, Mk3B the second batch.

The Cú na Mara set was ex-British Rail Engineering Limited, described as the "International Train" it being intended to demonstrate what BREL could produce to drum up orders from abroad that never materialised. The stock did run on a specific London Euston-Manchester diagram for a period in lieu of a normal Mk3 set, the coaches were permitted to run at 110mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So an entirely separate design? I had assumed that it might have been the same body shell but just different shaped windows.....no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southern Pride Models produce etched brass preformed sides and roof details for the International coaches Cu na Mara set.

Rich,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

So an entirely separate design? I had assumed that it might have been the same body shell but just different shaped windows.....no?

Different body profile as well as different windows. A standard Mk3 bodyshell has eight saloon windows, the Internationals had nine, hence the higher seating capacity in both first class and standard class as built - 54 and 76 respectively (against 48 and 72 for Mk3s generally).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah! Fair enough - was just interested. Lovely vehicles, very comfortable.

Hard to think what the most comfortable carriages are today...... the better seats in the NIR 4000s aren't bad.

Off topic, but the most comfortable things I ever travelled on, within Ireland, were the ex-GN / UTA AEC railcars' 1st class, one old NCC coach which ended its life as a railcar intermediate, but still with old NCC wooden varnished seat frames (UTA 526, I think; Lambegman will know), and  the De Dietrichs.

Some of the UTA / NIR "70" class centre and trailer cars were also pretty comfortable. The 80 class were awful.

By FAR the worst ever, comfort wise, were the truly ghastly UTA MEDs and NIR 450 "castles". Awful things to travel in. The DARTs and 2600s aren't far behind.

 

OK; back to topic - I digress.

  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use