IRM Now Stocking Full Murphy Models Range!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

Following the very successful stocking of the Murphy Models 121, we have now become a full blown Murphy Models dealer! We have the mighty 201 Class locomotives and Mark 2 coaches in stock ready to go with more on the way, making irishrailwaymodels.com your one stop online shop for all your Irish outline railway model needs!

MM201.jpg.e446456ce595fe575cc88aba500f53b4.jpg

A limited supply of 201 locomotives are available here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-201-locomotive

62303451_MMMark2D.jpg.ac57a536996c73182b3802189b037fea.jpg

Mark 2s here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-mark-2d-coaches

These are in stock so you can combine them with keg, bubble buffer stop and plough orders!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 13
  • WOW! 1

3 minutes ago, chris said:

Does that mean you are aware of any more plans for mk2s? There were supposed to be more, weren't there?

Hi Chris,

Not privy to that information to be honest, just know these are the corrected paint job Mark IIs in supertrain livery. Not sure if there will be any more, but if there will be we will be stocking them too.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Good news and very keen prices on the 201 and mk2's. 

Certainly good prices when compared to the original asking prices when they came out.

Coaches 10 notes less when they came out.

Are these coaches the ones with the fuzzy Black- Orange Demarcation as I did not buy some of these when they first came out for that particular reason?

Cheers

George

9 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Certainly good prices when compared to the original asking prices when they came out.

Coaches 10 notes less when they came out.

Are these coaches the ones with the fuzzy Black- Orange Demarcation as I did not buy some of these when they first came out for that particular reason?

Cheers

George

Hi George,

No, these are corrected re manufactured batch, so all good! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

George,

I was the exact same, was so disappointed after the amazing Cravens and the other MK 2s.

The first batch of S/T coaches can be identified by the box description in smaller case that the later batch
Also their numbers are different by 1, First Class in Original release 5101, in Second Release 5102 etc, capiche?

5101ST1st.thumb.JPG.36395a26e9fb7eccb6dc1ab722d3abee.JPG

Second batch

1631366234_5102STIst.thumb.JPG.0cbbfe3dec6da8ace14c2cb99bbcb538.JPG

Original Composite 5151

861128141_5151STComp.thumb.JPG.a5b98871abcc2e68326dc5c36c22e63d.JPG

Second Batch 5152:

2074961495_5152STComp.thumb.JPG.f81b18baf2d3386853c26453359b9b33.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

The first batch of S/T coaches can be identified by the box description in smaller case that the later batch
Also their numbers are different by 1, First Class in Original release 5101, in Second Release 5102 etc, capiche?

5101ST1st.thumb.JPG.36395a26e9fb7eccb6dc1ab722d3abee.JPG

Second batch

1631366234_5102STIst.thumb.JPG.0cbbfe3dec6da8ace14c2cb99bbcb538.JPG

Original Composite 5151

861128141_5151STComp.thumb.JPG.a5b98871abcc2e68326dc5c36c22e63d.JPG

Second Batch 5152:

2074961495_5152STComp.thumb.JPG.f81b18baf2d3386853c26453359b9b33.JPG

You can see the difference in the "orange" too between batches, the latter is more brownish with less yellow in it and looks more "correct" to my eyes.

If there were EGVs and diners still kicking about it would be tempted at the keen prices.

5 hours ago, chris said:

Does that mean you are aware of any more plans for mk2s? There were supposed to be more, weren't there?

Excuse me if I remember wrongly, but I seem to recall reading, not on this forum I add, that there would be another batch but I don't think they were to be Supertrain.

Personally, I'd love more in Supertrain myself! ;)

23 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Good Job so , Sweating in the storage stash looking at the bits n bobs and Missing 3 of those babies 

Yep have them all, I wonder if mm will ever do an IR rake.

Also found these Lima ones...wonder why there's 2 different boxes though

20200619_204638.jpg

20200619_203127.jpg

• Like 4

Lima took over  Jouef in 2001 and from then on the models were labelled with the Lima/Jouef tag
So early Lima/MM models had an L prefix and the later Lima/Jouef /MM models had a LT prefix, the River Boyne, Exec Coaches, NIR and Galway packs

Edited by WRENNEIRE
  • Like 1

Carriages after 1970 are not my area of knowledge, by any means, so a question. If someone wanted to make a set of the “Galway” International set, with the larger windows (as opposed to “Galway” liveries Mk 2’s), does anyone make coaches suitable for repainting?

Just out of interest.....

3 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Carriages after 1970 are not my area of knowledge, by any means, so a question. If someone wanted to make a set of the “Galway” International set, with the larger windows (as opposed to “Galway” liveries Mk 2’s), does anyone make coaches suitable for repainting?

Just out of interest.....

I don't think so, quite a niche design. While I believe in Ireland they were refereed to as Mk3A, they are really little like a Mk3.

In the UK for instance, Mk3 referred to the HST trailers, the Mk3A were the first batch of loco-hauled Mk3s, Mk3B the second batch.

The Cú na Mara set was ex-British Rail Engineering Limited, described as the "International Train" it being intended to demonstrate what BREL could produce to drum up orders from abroad that never materialised. The stock did run on a specific London Euston-Manchester diagram for a period in lieu of a normal Mk3 set, the coaches were permitted to run at 110mph.

47 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

So an entirely separate design? I had assumed that it might have been the same body shell but just different shaped windows.....no?

Different body profile as well as different windows. A standard Mk3 bodyshell has eight saloon windows, the Internationals had nine, hence the higher seating capacity in both first class and standard class as built - 54 and 76 respectively (against 48 and 72 for Mk3s generally).

• Like 2

Ah! Fair enough - was just interested. Lovely vehicles, very comfortable.

Hard to think what the most comfortable carriages are today...... the better seats in the NIR 4000s aren't bad.

Off topic, but the most comfortable things I ever travelled on, within Ireland, were the ex-GN / UTA AEC railcars' 1st class, one old NCC coach which ended its life as a railcar intermediate, but still with old NCC wooden varnished seat frames (UTA 526, I think; Lambegman will know), and  the De Dietrichs.

Some of the UTA / NIR "70" class centre and trailer cars were also pretty comfortable. The 80 class were awful.

By FAR the worst ever, comfort wise, were the truly ghastly UTA MEDs and NIR 450 "castles". Awful things to travel in. The DARTs and 2600s aren't far behind.

OK; back to topic - I digress.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1