CBSCR Beyer Peacock 0-6-0ST

Rate this topic

StevieB

Link to a review of the Southern Railway version of the model and the potential challenges in fitting a decoder.  https://cpineroad.blogspot.com/2020/07/00-works-class-0330-0-6-0-saddleback.html

The buyer re-built the loco with a two stage High level gearbox and Mashima motor because he was not satisfied with the slow running characteristics on the loco

• WOW! 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:07 AM, Mike 84C said:

I'm sort of tempted but I thought they were scrapped before the 2nd world war. So I may pass on that loco. And its a chunk of money for a small tank engine even if its beautifully built.

I think the last was about 1943.... They never left Wesht Caaark, of course, but would possibly be a very good thing for a shunting layout; in theory, one outlier might have ended up pushing things about Cork yards, or North Wall to Inchicore, until 1960!

Maybe a model of the "Young Offenders" driving and firing it?

I'm tempted myself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Oh! Jhb you are so right and definately  a good thing for a shunting layout  the temptations are growing, not helped by that Georgeconna posting pictures. Thats a terrible thing to do!

I had thought..... some sort of shunting model of either Penrose Quay or Victoria Quay sidings in Cork - where it DID work - would be an amazing model!

• Like 1

If you like, you can afford it, you buy it.  It is your railway. I have written this in the past - It is your railway and thus, you run that which you you wish to run on it. I have two Irish Layouts. I have LMS Locomotives and Rolling Stock - In my World these are not London Midland and Scottish - they are - Londonderry Manorhamilton and Sligo (LMS) on my railway.  South Eastern and Chatham stock - on my railway - Sligo Enniskillen and Colloney or anything else one can think of!  

Happy modelling.

Old Blarney.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mayner said:

Link to a review of the Southern Railway version of the model and the potential challenges in fitting a decoder.  https://cpineroad.blogspot.com/2020/07/00-works-class-0330-0-6-0-saddleback.html

The buyer re-built the loco with a two stage High level gearbox and Mashima motor because he was not satisfied with the slow running characteristics on the loco

Maybe I wasn't navigating it correctly, it showed the unboxing, but not the rebuild or decoder fitting as far as I could see

11 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Maybe I wasn't navigating it correctly, it showed the unboxing, but not the rebuild or decoder fitting as far as I could see

Re-building is covered in the August blog, https://cpineroad.blogspot.com/2020/08/00-works-class-330.html. The builder ended up replacing the chassis, motor and gears to improve the standard of low speed running!  It looks like a decoder would have to be hard wired just might fit in the tank