FREMO modular layout - polish rail PKP

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I like the idea of a modular system, but you'd probably want a modelling community in your area to make it feasable.

It's not nececery. The beauty of that is that you can build whatever you want and put that together whatever you want. For example I have a space 5x3 meters. I will fix there 2 end stations + nice peace of curved and straight tracks. if you have enough space you can make it as a round layout, if you are limited in space, you can do end to end one.
The most important is that you do not need a massive space to build it. You can see on my photos, that I'm usually work on single module at the time. 
They are easy to store and you can put them together when you want. Imagine the track from the living room, passing trough the kitchen, then to the hall, ending in the porch :) 

I think it's ideal when you want to start the hobby.

Meetings in bigger groups is the game changer at some point :) that's for sure, but it's not essential.

• Like 1

Is TT gauge as popular in Poland as it is in the former GDR? I live outside Berlin in what was the former GDR. Half the stuff in my local model shop is TT but over the "border" in the former West Berlin you don't see nearly as much, even 30 years after reunification it's still N and H0 there!

18 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Is TT gauge as popular in Poland as it is in the former GDR? I live outside Berlin in what was the former GDR. Half the stuff in my local model shop is TT but over the "border" in the former West Berlin you don't see nearly as much, even 30 years after reunification it's still N and H0 there!

TT is still more popular that N. 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 5:31 AM, Jack_Dunboyne said:

- you can add a siding if you wish. It all depends on used boards.

- the prices, again, depends on boards. The range is from 25 to 45 Euro. I will have a full pricelist within few days. You have to add a delivery cost - 25 Euro.

- As per locos - I'm waiting for a Santa ;) 2 ordered so far :)

any new's on the super plywood board's Jack????

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Jack_Dunboyne said:

The project is on hold for 2 weeks. New buildings and accessories are on the way and I should have it within a week or two (f"$%n covid).

There also will some interesting news regarding new flat packed modules soon. :) stay tuned :)

Walter. I will send you an email tomorrow :)

cant wait Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW!! Was considering that myself, with an opportunity presented by a recent house move, but went for the attic instead, due to prior claims on garden space by the Dept. of Domestic Matters following a prior, and successful application to the DoDM by Mr. Dog to have use of the space......

Looks amazing - what size is it?

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

WOW!! Was considering that myself, with an opportunity presented by a recent house move, but went for the attic instead, due to prior claims on garden space by the Dept. of Domestic Matters following a prior, and successful application to the DoDM by Mr. Dog to have use of the space......

Looks amazing - what size is it?

5x3 m. It's perfect for modular stuff :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

I presume you are in Dunboyne Jack, I have a good few flexi track 100 plus points spare but they will be destroyed in the post?

looks nice BTW

I usually order my flexes from Poland or UK, If put them together and wrap in thick carboard, they will be ok :) Anpost will charge 9€ for next day delivery :) If you have some spare, I will buy off some :) If you could send me the list to PM of what you can sell it would be great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...