FREMO modular layout - polish rail PKP

Rate this topic

As the continental model topic is dead, I will start new topic in here. 
As I got the permission from home manager (my wife) to build a proper man cave - I did order a nice 5x3 m Cabin log. It should be ready within 4 weeks. It will be turned into proper train cave.
I'm coming back to my idea of the proper FREMO modular layout. I will have first boxes ready till the end of this week and I will start posting proper photo story.
Initial layout is approx. 12 m long. DCC operated with DR5000-ADJ on board. Fremo E96 and 2E96 fronts will be used. 
Polish loco and scenery only.

Stay tuned for the photos :)

Edited by Jack_Dunboyne
  • Like 8

Yeah that's the concept. There are huge fremo meetups here in Germany and beyond where loads of people bring their modules along and bolt them together to create very long runs.

It's all standardised. It's a pity the 00 subgroup seems to have died a death. 

https://www.fremo-net.eu/en/modular-systems/h0-scale/00fremo/

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 2

The biggest Fremo layout I have ever seen was almost a mile long. The beauty of that is, that you are not space limited while working on the modules itself.
I talk to the lad, and the whole range og the modules will be available in Ireland and UK within 2-3 weeks.

@murphaph you can use FREMO for OO as well.  

• Like 2

Yeah I had a look at the standards a while back. The main 00 fremo guy in Germany actually lives quite close to me. Most of the few 00 fremo meetups have been about 10 mins from me but I hadn't yet gotten back into the hobby at that stage. I might someday build a couple of modules but there hasn't been a 00 fremo meetup for 5 years now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Yeah I had a look at the standards a while back. The main 00 fremo guy in Germany actually lives quite close to me. Most of the few 00 fremo meetups have been about 10 mins from me but I hadn't yet gotten back into the hobby at that stage. I might someday build a couple of modules but there hasn't been a 00 fremo meetup for 5 years now.

look at  www.gleiswendelshop.de all plywood

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Are there any other h0 fremo modellers in Ireland Jack that you know of?

I'm trying to move FREMO to Ireland for the last 6-7 years, but with no results. There was always some "BUT".
I hope thanks to that layout, that I want to present on the shows next year that will finally change.

The biggest challenge I found is to convince other to accept this norm as it is, without any buts, shortcuts, etc. 
I'm able to supply the boards and ends now and I hope we will be able to meet one day and play some proper trains :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack_Dunboyne said:

I'm trying to move FREMO to Ireland for the last 6-7 years, but with no results. There was always some "BUT".
I hope thanks to that layout, that I want to present on the shows next year that will finally change.

The biggest challenge I found is to convince other to accept this norm as it is, without any buts, shortcuts, etc. 
I'm able to supply the boards and ends now and I hope we will be able to meet one day and play some proper trains :)

LOL LOL LOL this ist he Irishway of LIFE

41 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

That's completely different stuff.

Styro in, tomorrow I will be carving the terrain.

IMG_20201006_171447.thumb.jpg.6816e32b022143630c295b4cba02df91.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one, Something Different for a change, Always fancied the Polish stuff after seeing it in operation at the Dortmund show. Mind you I fancied everything else there too!

Is it just to Tracks or can you add a siding in as well?

How much are the 2 boards?

Any Locos on the Scene yet?

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Nice one, Something Different for a change, Always fancied the Polish stuff after seeing it in operation at the Dortmund show. Mind you I fancied everything else there too!

Is it just to Tracks or can you add a siding in as well?

How much are the 2 boards?

Any Locos on the Scene yet?

- you can add a siding if you wish. It all depends on used boards.

- the prices, again, depends on boards. The range is from 25 to 45 Euro. I will have a full pricelist within few days. You have to add a delivery cost - 25 Euro.

- As per locos - I'm waiting for a Santa ;) 2 ordered so far :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I assume that the scored lines are your guide for the point where the track enters and leaves, to ensure compatibility with your friend's modules?

Correct. 

I got price confirmation. The one you can see on my photos are 29 euro each. Legs not included. I'm preparing a full list of modules available. There is approx 25 different one right now. 

• Like 2