Tara mines bogies

Rate this topic

Tomo

5 hours ago, Strimmers said:

slightly off topic here but is there ever gonna be a pack f of the red oxide taras to make the prototypical rake of 12

Great question. A little disappointing when there are insufficient numbers to complete a rake. I would happily buy a pack f as I would extra packs of the ferts, gypsum and grey bubbles.

I hope if the lads ever do the sugar beet wagons there will be at least 15 avaiable.

• Confused 1

I'd say it's down to the practicalitites of production.

Having ten different running numbers for the Taras, twelve different running numbers for the Gypsums, and at least 32 different running numbers for the P42 Flats, has to be more than any other manufacturer has offered, let alone for the Irish scene, and such a young manufacturer, too!

As we have already seen, every extra run so far, Bubbles, Flats and Ballasts, has had new running numbers, so it seems obvious that IRM operate in that way. The next run of red Taras in a few years time will have new numbers, I'm sure, but I'd guess that eight new numbers would be more likely than twelve.

If the running numbers are that important, re-numbering or weathering out some of the numbers must also be an option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/10/2020 at 1:27 AM, Strimmers said:

slightly off topic here but is there ever gonna be a pack f of the red oxide taras to make the prototypical rake of 12

Tara rakes were never 12 wagons only per rake. They have run with 10, 11, 6,  so the 5 IRM packs are prototypical correct.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RedRich said:

Tara rakes were never 12 wagons only per rake. They have run with 10, 11, 6,  so the 5 IRM packs are prototypical correct.

Rich,

I suppose what I more so meant is for more modern era as pretty much any video I've seen taken of them over the past few years has been 12 to a rake and as I'm probably amongst the youngest of this community modelling interest is from around 2005 onwards with an emphasis around the last 5 years where 12 seems to be the standard

• Like 3