Class 201 intercity

Rate this topic

Tomo

Hello WRENNEIRE

Thank you for your reply what I am trying to get done is my class 201 with a new lick of paint in the same colours as it is as it’s looking a bit worse for wear ( I bought it second hand ) and would like to give it a new lease of life , also with new decals also 

D247BC8E-706B-472B-8C8F-945D965CBDAC.jpeg

CA8998DE-CFC6-4E3A-AC1F-14964F13FC2B.jpeg

A0D475EC-9614-4923-AEF3-4787735F661E.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like Lima job that needs to be  resprayed and re done with same decals. Wound not relish that TBH. The decals on this look to be never sealed in and have rubbed off.

I hang onto see an intercity ones comes up for sale or maybe someone here has one to offload as a resprays could nearly be half the cost of a MM version.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Looks like Lima job that needs to be  resprayed and re done with same decals. Wound not relish that TBH. The decals on this look to be never sealed in and have rubbed off.

I hang onto see an intercity ones comes up for sale or maybe someone here has one to offload as a resprays could nearly be half the cost of a MM version.

Hello Georgeconna

Thank you for the reply was thinking it would cost a few Euro to get it resprayed , I have also been keeping an eye on eBay to see if one popped up but no luck as of yet 

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hello WRENNEIRE

Thank you for your reply what I am trying to get done is my class 201 with a new lick of paint in the same colours as it is as it’s looking a bit worse for wear ( I bought it second hand ) and would like to give it a new lease of life , also with new decals also 

D247BC8E-706B-472B-8C8F-945D965CBDAC.jpeg

CA8998DE-CFC6-4E3A-AC1F-14964F13FC2B.jpeg

A0D475EC-9614-4923-AEF3-4787735F661E.jpeg

She looks pretty good. Rather than repaint the same livery onto an already nice model would you consider instead getting it gently weathered?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

She looks pretty good. Rather than repaint the same livery onto an already nice model would you consider instead getting it gently weathered?

Hello Noel

To be honest I never thought of that idea will definitely go down that route instead of a repaint , will have to find somebody who would do it 

• 4 weeks later...

Des at Studio Scale Models shows transfers for the Intercity  legend and has loco numbers - as does Railtec , who also does a very good lining  stripes.   

The SSM logo is shown for coaches but I guess could be enlarged if asked . The respsray does look good and could be refreshed and then varnished - lack of a protective layer as has been mentioned above was a shame and shortened life of the product. 

SSM also do some natty etches for headlamp surrounds and the like which would lift the front end.  When you put MM alongside it is fun to note driving cab end windows differ everso slightly! with the Lima version taller.   I just wondered with the resurgence of Irish modelling in Hornby would consider a  "Linmby" 201...