Enterprise Service to get a cash boost.

Rate this topic

i heard on facebook that the DD sets will be getting refurbed and there is a possibility of a MK4 set(s) covering the services. people seem to have mixed views on it, talking about ICR sets being used, but one rumour is NIR would prefer a MK4. its good to hear its getting a cash boost

edit: just watching the clip again, was that 230 at the end?

Edited by UP6936

Sorry if I'm just spreading excrement everywhere as I usually do, but a friend of mine sent an email to IÉ and got a reply saying that they won't be refurbished in France (that's a start ;)), and it also implies that replacing the DDs with MK4 seems unlikely.

I would be surprised if they had even considered France as I think De-Deitrich have long been out of business. I assume the money is just for an internal refit, possibly a bit of rewiring and a bit of bogie work as they are approaching as noted elsewhere there 'half life refurb'. I imagine they will do it coach by coach using the spares or do it one rake at a time with a TPWS and CAWS IE or NIR railcar set as a replacement.

I would be surprised if they had even considered France as I think De-Deitrich have long been out of business. I assume the money is just for an internal refit, possibly a bit of rewiring and a bit of bogie work as they are approaching as noted elsewhere there 'half life refurb'. I imagine they will do it coach by coach using the spares or do it one rake at a time with a TPWS and CAWS IE or NIR railcar set as a replacement.

I'm guessing the work will be going out to tender, so no telling where they will end up...

i heard on facebook that the DD sets will be getting refurbed and there is a possibility of a MK4 set(s) covering the services. people seem to have mixed views on it, talking about ICR sets being used, but one rumour is NIR would prefer a MK4. its good to hear its getting a cash boost

edit: just watching the clip again, was that 230 at the end?

Ooohhh! The mk4s sound good! And no, it wasn't 230. 230 has grey panels below the lights like a couple of the other 201s did before they got taken out of service.

The coaches are having a full refit including the replacement of the internal carpet body panels for GRP panels, lighting, toilets and seating.

The project will be finished within two years of starting and will give the coaches a useful 10 to 15 year life extension.

By that time the plan to electrify Dublin Belfast line will be under way with a max speed of 120 mph on the line.

The trains will be running to the expanded great Victoria street station and not the inconvenient Belfast Central.

The coaches are having a full refit including the replacement of the internal carpet body panels for GRP panels, lighting, toilets and seating.

The project will be finished within two years of starting and will give the coaches a useful 10 to 15 year life extension.

By that time the plan to electrify Dublin Belfast line will be under way with a max speed of 120 mph on the line.

The trains will be running to the expanded great Victoria street station and not the inconvenient Belfast Central.

Electrify? 120mph? I'll believe it when I see it. :)

we better make the most of the next few years to enjoy the diesel hauled services so if that is to be the case. dont care much for the electric locos...nothing beats the roar of the ould diesels:) - but i suppose you wont stand in the way of progress!

I don't like the prospect of electric traction myself. It's hard to imagine Central these days without the 201 sounds.

Enterprise will be running to the expanded Great Victoria Street station not Central

Translink already own the land to expand the station to at least a six platform station possibly eight platforms, each platform will be able to handle a nine car plus size train.

The redevelopment of the station will include the bus and train station being under one roof funding will be covered by building a new shopping mail, offices and residential appartments.

Two years for 28 coaches were the f are they being overhauled China!!,if that was UK it would be weeks not years![/quote ]

The coaches will be overhauled in the UK / NI.

That's 14 coaches a year which is in engineering is a very quick turnaround they are not just washing the windows and replacing the carpets.

The coaches are being stripped down to bear shells and are being completely rebuilt.