IRM Weedsprayer

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

While most of us were able to get out and enjoy the lovely weather for the past few days, poor Richie has been slaving away on the latest masterpiece as part of 'Project 42'; the Weedsprayer.

Here's a look at the tanks so far. Please note that it is still a work in progress, with items to be added and revised before production, but we know you all like a glimpse of our stuff as it progresses! 

image (14).png

• Like 9
  • WOW! 5

Cheers Fran for the update it's always appreciated to see the development progress. C'ant wait for these. The MK1 van definitely needs to be produced to finish off a legendary prototype train and quite possibly the model to beat all models.

And for god's sake let Richie out of the room I'll even supply pints for him myself.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Er -- Tanks for that image !? Looking good - flex pipe- alloy casting perhaps this would allow a little flex when constructed and add a little individuality to each build as I am certain the hoses lay changes with movement. The inter vehicle hoses self colour nylon with magents moulded in ends for attaching to each other?

Yes for the MK 1  but can you make the sprayer work - diliute pva ?? DCC of course  - joking !! 

Hope your modelling mojo does not melt in the heat plenty of suitable fluids available  I imagine down the local for "an afterwork."     

Thanks Robert 

43 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hope your modelling mojo does not melt in the heat plenty of suitable fluids available  I imagine down the local for "an afterwork."     

Maybe for the second half of a World Cup game, or tha, not that fussed...

(Mon' Columbia, daddy needs a new pair of shoes... 😛 )

But no, modelling mojo is at an all time high - graphics plates on the entire 42 project, sorting some Cemflo data in the morning, a skype date to work on our most epic project yet, and even got to do some work on my own personal E-Class projects. (reinforce the word "personal" here, be reading anything into it)

3 minutes ago, scahalane said:

Looks like its going to be a beauty!! Great modelling job Richie.

Cheers Sean, always appreciated from a fellow traveller!

Rich

(The E Class business was last sunday afternoon during the Sunday Game Bosko, so chill.. )

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Looking good guys. Have you decided to include the actual weed spray wagon itself with this ensemble (i.e. the BR mk1 coach)?

Not yet Noel, it's even more niche than the plough van to be honest. We will let you all know when we decide! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Not yet Noel, it's even more niche than the plough van to be honest. We will let you all know when we decide! 

Very understandable.

Just such a shame to have a full IRM standard weedspray train only to have to shove my Silver Fox van in the middle of it. Like a weed in the middle of a flower bed.

• Funny 4

4 minutes ago, Railer said:

Very understandable.

Just such a shame to have a full IRM standard weedspray train only to have to shove my Silver Fox van in the middle of it. Like a weed in the middle of a flower bed.

We'll try our best Graham, honest. We have a couple of ideas to make it viable, but it has to have a solid business case too as I'm sure you can appreciate. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Fran.  Sure understand the economics.  OK, I'll hold off buying the rest of the 42ft weed spray set for now until I can accompany it with a spray coach that is comparable in quality to the rest of the set. Again, modern 'Yellow' is not really my bag but IRM gear is so good I'd collect a set anyway if and when the coach becomes available.  Noel

53 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran.  Sure understand the economics.  OK, I'll hold off buying the rest of the 42ft weed spray set for now until I can accompany it with a spray coach that is comparable in quality to the rest of the set. Again, modern 'Yellow' is not really my bag but IRM gear is so good I'd collect a set anyway if and when the coach becomes available.  Noel

Hi Noel,

By the time the weedspray goes on pre-order I'm sure we will have a concrete answer on the van.  Taking time to see if another model follows can be a risky game though, as we have some punters who decided to not buy ballast hoppers as we hadn't announced plough vans, and when we announced plough vans the first run of ballast wagons had sold out, meaning they missed out. We would hate to see the same happen to people with the weedsprayer. The plan this time is to let people know the van will be done by the time the weedsprayer goes on sale and we will do our best to do so.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Noel,

By the time the weedspray goes on pre-order I'm sure we will have a concrete answer on the van.  Taking time to see if another model follows can be a risky game though, as we have some punters who decided to not buy ballast hoppers as we hadn't announced plough vans, and when we announced plough vans the first run of ballast wagons had sold out, meaning they missed out. We would hate to see the same happen to people with the weedsprayer. The plan this time is to let people know the van will be done by the time the weedsprayer goes on sale and we will do our best to do so.

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran. That's spot on and will allow folks to plan appropriately.

Hopefully the history of the vehicle will allow some Accurascale crossover with Mk 1 bullion van or catering item like an RKB to "cross subsidise" the project. the MK5 bogie and basic underframe and vehicle ends might crossover. 

Certainly for me non availability will not be an issue having now got a fox and brass sides EGV to hand one could go yellow easily enough. 

Keep up the good work - specially in the bar .... 

• Like 1