-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Let’s hope the wise men aren’t arriving by a T2 with dodgy brakes….just never seen the holy family being used as a bufferstop ‘Inn’ all seriousness, best wishes to BM froM the 7mm madness of Manorhamilton works ….. -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
That’s a pretty unstable location to leave a nativity scene it has to be said. -
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
What a lovely portrait at Bundoran Junction. Classic Irish North -
Ouch - that stung !
-
Your modelling bench is quite the hive of activity, it has to be said.
-
And write the music to go with it….
-
Time to work on the interior next Patrick? I hear that Father Haddock was a big fan of Baroque…looking brilliant so far btw!
-
Questions are great. We have all asked them. An accessory output will deliver a constant voltage separate from controller output
-
Now that’s very effective indeed. Looks brilliant and very authentic.
-
Long story. The first railway was built c1991, but only lasted about 5 years. This one was built at my brother’s house, and he then moved! He’s into 009 now but is looking at rebuilding this 32mm line now the new house is sorted. If I was starting again (and I don’t currently live in a suitable property) I’d look at 45mm gauge as closer to 3’ gauge.
-
Just a generic attempt at modelling a Cavan and Leitrim style coach! Managed to find a few snaps of them at work behind live steam on a very soft day. Line is now closed and lifted.
-
That’s terrific work - well done!!
-
Very nice. About 30 years ago my brother and I converted a pair to 32mm gauge and repainted them GSR crimson. They have battery powered internal lights IIRC.
-
That’s fabulous work David, and I know exactly what you mean in the catalogue of woes! This is shaping up beautifully- can already imagine that glossy dark green…..
-
You jest but this bloke beats any DCC steam sound I have ever heard - hands down! https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-08051978-railway-vicar
-
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
Looks like 1115 goods ex Sligo. I think Lance took another pic a few minutes later of the train crossing with 2pm ex Enniskillen goods at Glenfarne station. -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Yes, Mousa is Bill himself (the website is named after a Scottish island). Andrew of Wizard Models is like a clearing house of other manufacturers’ kits, and holds a number of otherwise defunct ranges eg the late Dave Cleal’s Mainly Trains stock. -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
No, Wizard is someone else, JB….Andrew Hartshorne. -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
https://mousa-models.co.uk/product-category/4mm-scale/4mm-irish-brass-coaches/ -
I think your point still stands though - Carson was last of Cabinet rank. Sir James Craig had a senior position at Ministry of Pensions c1919 but was not of Cabinet rank.
-
The last NI MP, arguably, to have the access required was Knox Cunningham, who was Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan 1959-63.
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
The Aldergrove one is especially delightful with the loco crew and guard so obviously posing! The top one looks like Central Junction - the fully coaled engine on left having run in from Adelaide is presumably waiting for the road to back on to its train at Gt Victoria St. -
Excellent- we don’t see anywhere near enough of your work, Popeye
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
If 15 Aug that’s almost certainly Ancient Order of Hibernians parade traffic
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)