-
Posts
228 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Branchline121
-
Looks like Irish Rail are looking for An Bord Pleanála to give planning permission for another track for the remnants of the Youghal Line, according to this: https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-rail-an-bord-pleanala-application-cork-rail-network-upgrade-5909582-Nov2022/ Also they're hoping to get new signalling, get a new platform at Cork Kent, and eventually order new stock! I recall also reading in another article they want to reopen Buttevant Station. Any thoughts?
-
That must be what they're thinking about for that Celtic Crossing!
-
Limerick to Foynes railway reopening plan
Branchline121 replied to spudfan's topic in What's happening on the network?
I've probably said this a million times before but I do hope the old railway line in North Meath gets the same treatment with this whole 'freight plan' thing. -
Orange Is The New Black - Iconic Mark 2B and 2C Coaches Announced
Branchline121 replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
Cannot wait! -
I know that was a joke, but maybe it’d be interesting to see Manx railway models, as they do have a small (mostly-closed now) railway network over there. But there probably wouldn’t be an enough of a demand to justify it.
-
Irish Rail to buy more freight stock.
Branchline121 replied to spudfan's topic in What's happening on the network?
Crossing my fingers for some new gypsum wagons for the Kingscourt railway, even though it’ll probably never reopen! -
IRM At The Dublin Show 2022 - Just What Will We Announce?
Branchline121 replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
The excitement is killing me! -
Some ideas are quite interesting. After researching about the line to Kingscourt, I found out there was supposed to have been a line to Carrickmacross that would have ended up in Belfast, essentially making another Dublin to Belfast line; although this was before the Great Northern Dublin to Belfast line was built! It’s crazy to think about the Enterprise going through somewhere like Navan rather than Drogheda.
-
That sounds like a lot.
-
mgwr preserved railway Connemara Railway project.
Branchline121 replied to ttc0169's topic in What's happening on the network?
It weird to think that the 071s might start to be preserved soon. My question is though… what’ll happen to the Sparrows? They’re not gonna see more revenue service but will anybody be willing to preserve them? -
I think I remember someone saying something about a bit of an ICR shortage, so the 201s probably would have work to do, but I think they'd require a whole new fleet of coaches as there's not enough Mk4s. Irish Rail are ordering more ICR carriages anyways so I don't think the 201s would be needed sadly.
-
It’s a shame that the only true English Electric that Ireland got was a small class of flimsy shunters that got sent to Sri Lanka; anyways, that’s one very nice build you done there.
-
Bachmann mid year release 2022
Branchline121 replied to mmie353's topic in US / Canadian Railway Modelling
I think I recall Hornby making a HO Avelia Liberty model too — It seems the Hornby-Bachmann rivalry extends out of GB. -
It's a shame really as I would prefer Bachmann doing (appropriate such as LMS Jinty for NCC Y not 158 for 2700) resprays like they did in the 2000s (with proper rolling stock for them this time of course) or a modern rerun of the 141s/071s.
-
Times of Taras?
Branchline121 replied to Majesitc_Trains's topic in What's happening on the network?
I’m not sure about this but I think they leave Navan at 9:30, 12:30 and 18:30. I wouldn’t count on it though as I can’t remember that well. -
I wonder if they mean electrification? Eh. Probably not. Anyways, Happy Birthday Enterprise!
-
Do we have any confirmed roster for Maam Cross or will it be all said on a later date?
-
It’s quite suspicious indeed.
-
I found a pic on flickr of Mk3 coach No. 7161 painted in 1950s CIÉ green, description says it’s going to be put on display on some Limerick greenway; it also happens to be one of the executive Mk3 coaches if that is of any importance. If I’m being honest, I thought it was scrapped years ago but this is dated August 2022.
- 11 replies
-
- 10
-
-
This delay could be a good thing, it might allow IRM to announce a Mk4 to release in conjunction with the 201! Or at least that’s what I’m hoping.
-
I don’t know if this is an error or not, but on the RPSI collection page it lists B142 as an ‘operational shunting locomotive’. Here: https://steamtrainsireland.com/rpsi-collection
-
Didn’t IÉ spend something like €1m last year cleaning this sort of stuff? And now they’re letting the perpetrators go!?
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)