Wexford Model Railway Club - Easter Layout Exhibition - 17/18 April

Rate this topic

Noel

16 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Thanks for supporting Lorna at the Exhibition and thanks, Wexford MRC, for providing PW with a stand!

PHOTO-2022-04-18-11-18-20.thumb.jpg.5605850e55c0b9c508458a4743f0c2dd.jpg

I'm not sure what Fainne, Anthony's little girl, is looking at here (Mum's holding the camera)! Today was the second anniversary of Anthony's untimely death.

Apologies to the gent who wanted a second GSWR brake van - I recently repatriated three, as I was out of stock here in England! God-willing we'll be at Raheny and you can buy one there!

Leslie (Provincial Wagons)

Thanks for coming to our show! It was a great success.

On 18/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, connollystn said:

Had a great time at the show yesterday. Enjoyed a few cups of tea, sandwiches and cakes in The Station Cafe also. @enniscorthyman - I didn't realise that was the "Bushville" US HO layout as I was too busy admiring all the models on it. As ever, the O gauge layout was my favourite, would love to see an A Class in that scale.

Some of the MRSI O gauge group have scratch-built Irish locomotives...

I'd decided to bring along a 3D printed wagon that had a clip for a DJI Pocket camera to see whether I could play some fun and games with it on the late Monday afternoon... as you can see, fun and games were had! 

Edited by Nick
Spelling
  • Like 8

I had a most enjoyable afternoon at the show yesterday - congratulations to all at WMRC and all the tremendous exhibitors. I was in awe at the talent and creativity on display, learned so much from open, sharing and warm chats with Enda and Eamonn on "Past Avenue" and "Bushville" plus sage advice from Gerry Byrne on "Shunters Yard" and many more. So many layouts to admire - I particularly liked "Weston Interchange", "Rathmicheal", "European Tramway", "Old Farm", "Little Siddington" of course, and finally "Over the Hill".

I just watched Nick's excellent video - I even spotted myself 🤭

George  

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Nick said:

I'd decided to bring along a 3D printed wagon that had a clip for a DJI Pocket camera to see whether I could play some fun and games with it on the late Monday afternoon... as you can see, fun and games were had! 

Your video is great and it was great to meet you . Your own layout was stunning. 

8 hours ago, Rush and Lusk said:

I had a most enjoyable afternoon at the show yesterday - congratulations to all at WMRC and all the tremendous exhibitors. I was in awe at the talent and creativity on display, learned so much from open, sharing and warm chats with Enda and Eamonn on "Past Avenue" and "Bushville" plus sage advice from Gerry Byrne on "Shunters Yard" and many more. So many layouts to admire - I particularly liked "Weston Interchange", "Rathmicheal", "European Tramway", "Old Farm", "Little Siddington" of course, and finally "Over the Hill".

I just watched Nick's excellent video - I even spotted myself 🤭

George  

It was great to meet you George and glad you enjoyed your day. 

Enda 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RobertRoche said:

@Georgeconna this video might be of interest to you 

Took a spin around Saltmills and came across 2 houses with some interesting bit an bobs outside, One had 2 halves of a flywheel another had loads of rusting tractors outside too. I wonder if it is the same lads that brought the boat up there?

image.thumb.png.57b7acde6fb8a3e4388c6f01547e1104.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1

On 19/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, RobertRoche said:

@Georgeconna this video might be of interest to you 

Had a driver around saltmiills and there was a 2 houses with some very interesting old bits n bobs, one had a flywheel in the front garden!!

image.thumb.png.31dabe011a15aeb09d7649bab020c02e.png

This house had about 10 rusting tractors in the front of it. The old car is a lot worse for wear since google has mapped it.

image.thumb.png.26ef00620d45b86c99942334e2530bfa.png

RTE doing a doc on it back in the 80's, Shame it is a wreck now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/4/2022 at 11:28 PM, Patrick Davey said:

The Modeller's Corner in Enniskillen has a good few in stock:

https://modellerscorner.co.uk

The site show some out of stock but still in stock in shop as i visit last week - all in stock i count up to 11 version if i am right But no black version 121 (already sold).

I notice Rennicks modelture of Portadown still have 121s in stock but quite low stock. 

Edited by steventrain
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, steventrain said:

The site show some out of stock but still in stock in shop as i visit last week - all in stock i count up to 11 version if i am right But no black version 121 (already sold).

I notice Rennicks modelture of Portadown still have 121s in stock but quite low stock. 

The black n tan 121s from memory was the quickest to sell out

3 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

The black n tan 121s from memory was the quickest to sell out

Think it was unusual for an early liveried locomotive to sell out so quickly but number 125 was the pick of the bunch. The black and tan livery best suited the Class 121.*

*In my opinion