IRM 42' Flats on Hattons

Rate this topic

Flying Snail

Just spotted the 42' flats and containers are up on Hattons: https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/3156807/0/irish_railway_models/mfrnest

Correct me if I'm wrong but I I think its the first time they've carried IRM wagons? (I know they already carry Accurascale). Might be handy for some in the UK and around Liverpool

Edited by Flying Snail
removing typos
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Just spotted the 42' flats and containers are up on Hattons: https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/3156807/0/irish_railway_models/mfrnest

Correct me if I'm wrong but I I think its the first time they've carried IRM wagons? (I know they already carry Accurascale). Might be handy for some in the UK and around Liverpool

£87 on an item that sell on line in Ireland for €80 is a nice mark up especially when you consider IRMs customer discount and the lower UK Vat rate.

It reminds me of a small Dublin "supermarket" that bought bread retail from Dunnes rather than from a bakery or cash and carry.

• Like 2

Think that the U.K. has always been dearer for model trains. Have my eyes on a couple of Fleischmann container wagons but with the Euro/Sterling exchange rate + postage + customs & VAT they look prohibitively expensive for second-hand items. Mind, they're quite rare so may have to bite the bullet.

Will Hatton's be selling any future releases from IRM or are sales going to be kept in-house?

31 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

And €99,95 the euro price. So nothing funny going on. 

17 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Think that the U.K. has always been dearer for model trains. Have my eyes on a couple of Fleischmann container wagons but with the Euro/Sterling exchange rate + postage + customs & VAT they look prohibitively expensive for second-hand items. Mind, they're quite rare so may have to bite the bullet.

Will Hatton's be selling any future releases from IRM or are sales going to be kept in-house?

With websites in euro and sterling and warehouses in dublin and Birmingham we see little justification in whacking up the already high prices for the Irish modeller by having to add a trader layer. 

@BosKonay - Have to agree with you regarding the sales of IRM stock, from my own experiences, I feel that the UK retailers add on a hefty mark-up. Also, it's likely that in future I'll be buying directly from yourselves because in the past, some items I've bought from a certain retailer never seemed box-fresh.