The trains to Knock

Rate this topic

spudfan

For a new model idea, how about the pilgrimmage train to knock. This would allow IRM to fit a sound chip to relay the sound of the Rosary being said by the pilgrims on board. So with the GM yoke (or yokes) up the front fitted with a sound chip for the engine (or engines if double headed) and the carraiges fitted with speakers relaying the pilgrims reciting the rosary, it would be an interesting combination.....

• Funny 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

”Father, forgive me, for I have sinned”.

"How have you sinned, my son?"

"I painted the chassis of a wagon with black paint."

"That is a mortal sin, for which you will burn in the fires of Hell for eternity. - but, at least you haven't posted photos upside down..."

• Funny 9

• 3 weeks later...

Many years ago before IRM even, I travelled from Templemore to Knock on a "Special", cant remember the occasion but there were
loads of us marched down from the Training Centre
4 of us had bought some of Tipperary's finest flagons before our adventure and drank them on our journey
Needless to say we were in no state to march to the Basilica and we missed the service
Got confined to the centre for a fortnight for our troubles
Funny thing is I cant remember what coaches we were in or the loco that pulled them 
Bleedin Bulmers.........

• Like 6
  • Funny 7