Ordering from Hattons

Rate this topic

raymurph

Hi All,

This is regarding ordering from Hattons in UK and getting delivery to Republic of Ireland . I have done this already on an order worth less than £150, hattons charged customs at source on their website and Irish customs did not charge any customs charge. 

Has anyone ordered a package whose value has exceeded £150 and did Irish customs charge a customs charge?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, raymurph said:

Hi All,

This is regarding ordering from Hattons in UK and getting delivery to Republic of Ireland . I have done this already on an order worth less than £150, hattons charged customs at source on their website and Irish customs did not charge any customs charge. 

Has anyone ordered a package whose value has exceeded £150 and did Irish customs charge a customs charge?

Had no problems with Hattons and speed of delivery to ROI seems unchanged (ie >€150). They seem to be the only model supplier in brexitistan that have DDP which is seamless for ROI modellers. No customs charges so far nor delivery delays. I've stopped ordering from other GB based suppliers, just too much hassle and too slow. Modelbahnshoplippe and other German suppliers have proven reliable with better pricing for many modelling products.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Had no problems with Hattons and speed of delivery to ROI seems unchanged (ie >€150). They seem to be the only model supplier in brexitistan that have DDP which is seamless for ROI modellers. No customs charges so far nor delivery delays. I've stopped ordering from other GB based suppliers, just too much hassle and too slow. Modelbahnshoplippe and other German suppliers have proven reliable with better pricing for many modelling products.

Thanks Noel, I'll have a look at the German site too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raymurph said:

Hi All,

It varies. If you're charged vat by Irish customs just send an email to Hattons with a copy of the receipt & they will refund you the vat they charged straight away.

I've always found Hattons very reliable & have been using them for years.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, amdaley said:

It varies. If you're charged vat by Irish customs just send an email to Hattons with a copy of the receipt & they will refund you the vat they charged straight away.

I've always found Hattons very reliable & have been using them for years.

Thanks 👍

On 6/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, Noel said:

You and me both! I have been doing exactly this as well. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I asked Rails to advise on update re ordering hattons Genesis CIE six wheelers. This is what they said:

Rails of Sheffield
Hi Jonathan, the orders are due to be fulfilled by us, however i am afraid the order details have not yet come through from Hattons. as soon as they do we will be in touch.
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I asked Rails to advise on update re ordering hattons Genesis CIE six wheelers. This is what they said:

Rails of Sheffield
Hi Jonathan, the orders are due to be fulfilled by us, however i am afraid the order details have not yet come through from Hattons. as soon as they do we will be in touch.

That’s what they said verbatim to me in early February which isn’t very reassuring. Wouldn’t Hattons just want dump this electronic data to Rails, thank them and be done? ✔️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiveController said:

That’s what they said verbatim to me in early February which isn’t very reassuring. Wouldn’t Hattons just want dump this electronic data to Rails, thank them and be done? ✔️

You'd think so.......... there can't be any incentive within Rails themselves to do it, I would have thought.........