Hattons - Murphy Models

Rate this topic

Noel

Hattons seem to be preparing for new Murphy Model releases at some future date, No mention of pricing nor time scales, but it looks like the Mk3 commuter push pulls sets and mk2 re-runs along with some 201 locos are not just a myth proclamation from last year. Only time will tell. Fancy a PP set for the MM 121s to push, a great improvement on the former SF offerings which were great in their day, but not quite MM nor IRM detailing quality.

Hattons.thumb.png.f76447441043f39a74b8ddec6fe5399d.png

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hatton's posted these more or less as soon as Paddy made the announcement.

As @BosKonay says, we'll hear it here when it's true!

(Just like some two-tone green Dublin buses, ahem...)

And as @Ironroad says, best thing to do is add them to your Hatton's wishlist.

Hatton's Murphy Models list:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000501/0/murphy_models/mfrnest

I think that it was the Cravens which were being considered, based on sufficient interest, and these are not listed on the Hatton's website.

Also to note, quite strangely, is that the new run of 141's and 181's is not listed on Hatton's, even though Paddy had samples at the Raheney show.

The announcement of the babies came well after the 201s, mk3s and mk2's were announced, didn't it? Hattons just threw that page up. PM maybe didn't explicitly inform them of the baby run. Perhaps it's not a huge run and he's confident they will sell out through IRM and Marks? Brexit has surely added an extra headache that PM maybe doesn't need.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, murphaph said:

The announcement of the babies came well after the 201s, mk3s and mk2's were announced, didn't it? Hattons just threw that page up. PM maybe didn't explicitly inform them of the baby run. Perhaps it's not a huge run and he's confident they will sell out through IRM and Marks? Brexit has surely added an extra headache that PM maybe doesn't need.

I thought that maybe Hatton's had scraped the info from Paddy's website without bothering to speak with him.

I had assumed they'd be doing the same with the 141's and 181's, and they are not up on Paddy's site, yet, which might explain that.

9 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I thought that maybe Hatton's had scraped the info from Paddy's website without bothering to speak with him.

I had assumed they'd be doing the same with the 141's and 181's, and they are not up on Paddy's site, yet, which might explain that.

I’m not sure the same official email announcement went out about the 141s. As the physical announcement got the word out there regardless….

I wonder somone should enquire to PM about running social media pages….possibly? 

Hi everyone,

In a recent memo from Paddy to traders before Christmas, he mentioned that the Mark IIs and the 141/181s will arrive first, expected in the middle of this year. 

Naturally we will be retailing them via the website, so when we have concrete info on delivery, stock numbers etc we will advertise them for pre-order.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 3