A strange re-location

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

In looking up the location of a member on here, to whom I am thinking of selling something, I noticed that I was absent from the map of where all of our community live.

So I clicked on my own profile to see where I lived; a portent, perhaps, of an early loss of my marbles, as I sit in a home gibbering at a bluebottle on the wall about the correct style of lining on Clogher Valley coaches, as the smell of custard and disinfectant wafts in from the hall..... and here's young Wyzckysnona with my new incontinence knickers......... to find that I live in MALI.

In central Africa.

Now, I have just worked out how to relocate myself to north County Dublin, but the thing is, I never remember going to Mali at all, nor do I remember how I got there or back. (Maybe IRM deported me for not buying Taras...)

So, dear reader, if you live in Mali, and wonder how I disappeared from The Crescent Moon Institution for the Distracted and Bewildered, there's your answer.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 6
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

In looking up the location of a member on here, to whom I am thinking of selling something, I noticed that I was absent from the map of where all of our community live.

So I clicked on my own profile to see where I lived; a portent, perhaps, of an early loss of my marbles, as I sit in a home gibbering at a bluebottle on the wall about the correct style of lining on Clogher Valley coaches, as the smell of custard and disinfectant wafts in from the hall..... and here's young Wyzckysnona with my new incontinence knickers......... to find that I live in MALI.

In central Africa.

Now, I have just worked out how to relocate myself to north County Dublin, but the thing is, I never remember going to Mali at all, nor do I remember how I got there or back. (Maybe IRM deported me for not buying Taras...)

So, dear reader, if you live in Mali, and wonder how I disappeared from The Crescent Moon Institution for the Distracted and Bewildered, there's your answer.

No JB you were sold by CIE to Africa to build new railways with 

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

In central Africa.

I assumed it was for tax purposes.

• Funny 3

I'll look into it for you, JHB.

Just send me your 'phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date, CV2, full name, address, date of birth, street you grew up on, first pet's name, a couple of site logins, and I'll have it sorted for you in a jiffy.

Kind regards.

Prince of Mali.

• Funny 4

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'll look into it for you, JHB.

Just send me your 'phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date, CV2, full name, address, date of birth, street you grew up on, first pet's name, a couple of site logins, and I'll have it sorted for you in a jiffy.

Kind regards.

Prince of Mali.

OK, Mr Prince, I’ve emailed it off. 
Can you send me the $15,000,000?

2 hours ago, Broithe said:

I assumed it was for tax purposes.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Funny 5

We're you once homeless and living on a bench in the local shopping Mall? 😇😁

Google is a strange thing. Several times have looked up stuff only to find my own posts, including maps of fictitious railways coming back at me. Shades of disappearing up your own primary orifice...

Remember talking to Maggie Gravett who had a great idea for retirement homes for aging modellers:

• Big house, with each resident's room containing a work bench area for modelling
  • Community rooms with armchairs for that branch of modelling and large library
  • Bar and cafe, as above
  • Several large railway rooms, one for each scale with layouts for playing trains
  • Younger, more agile folk on hand to do awkward stuff like bending and lifting
  • A large garden with outdoor railway, staffed as above

Am sure the list could be added to.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Back when the community markers first appeared, some members were deliberately changing their locations to be thousands of km off.

Is it possible that you changed it as a joke back then, and forgot about it?

No, genuinely- I wasn’t even aware of the “community map” until maybe 18 months ago!

• Informative 1

After JB's relocation, I looked myself up and I'm shown in Surrey, but about thirty miles from my official residence. I note a nearby area is called The Scrubs - and maybe that's where I should be? (Slang warning here - you need to know the colloquial name for one of HIS Majesty's homes for dodgy characters).

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, Flying Snail said:

... and you're sure you don't live in Mali?

Maybe you were typing Malahide as your location (well, you do seem spend a lot of time in the museum) and autocorrect changed it to Mali?

I reckon that one's plausible at least, yes....

I'm just off now to meet Prince Hajjjid al-Bazrah bin-Allahhabaji now to get my inheritance he emailed me about. I'll be richer than Bezos, Musk and Suckerberg together, he told me. Nice man, and all it cost me was the price of my modest house and car!

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Funny 4