Irish Railway News ‘Enterprise Watch’

Rate this topic

IrishTrainScenes

ICR set 22037 worked 0735-1035-1320-1605-1650-2005. Or worked 0830-1035-1410-1605-1800-2005. 

@airfixfan I think 8209 had worked the 1405 and would work the 1900 (1955 ex Drogheda)

The other DD set (206/9003)? is in Connolly and should work the 1320 Ex Dublin all being well.

The DVT with 8209 is either 9001 or 9002. Loco 216 is with 9004.

• Informative 1

On 30/10/2023 at 1:41 PM, IrishTrainScenes said:

@Darrman did the 16:50 on Friday manage to avoid having an issue?

Train was 40 minutes late into Belfast, but it was a full Enterprise service. It took ten minutes to get to Clontarf Road and it was held outside Drogheda to let another train pass.

I returned on the 12:35 today. I intended to travel first class but I was greeted with a bus substitution until Dundalk with an ICR the rest of the way due to flooding on the line between Portadown and Newry. The train was ultimately about 40 minutes late into Dublin. Combined with a lack of Luas transfers (I heard there was a crash on Abbey Street from the taxi driver), the transfer to Heuston was more eventful than I'd like, but it did work out.

• Informative 1

1. NIRailways
  2. Enterprise

Line Closure Between Portadown and Dundalk - Disruption / Bus Substitution

Message last updated at 17:28 on 03/11/23:
Due to exceptional weather between Dundalk and Portadown the railway line is closed until further notice.

Bus substitution services will operate for local services between Newry and Portadown, and for cross border services between Belfast, Lanyon Place & Dundalk calling at Portadown, Newry and Dundalk. Cross border passengers will then transfer to a train which will operate from Dundalk, Drogheda to Dublin (same on reverse).

Advance online sales for Enterprise journeys have been withdrawn for the next few days due to ongoing weather disruption. Intending passengers are advised to buy at the station if unable to book online.

UPDATE for Saturday 4th November 2023. The following services will not operate today: 

09:36 Belfast to Dublin Connolly 
11:35 Dundalk to Dublin Connolly 

12:20 Dublin Connolly to Belfast 
13:30 Dublin Connolly to Dundalk 
18:20 Dublin Connolly to Belfast 

The following services will not operate on Sunday 5th November:

13:00 Dublin Connolly to Belfast 
17:05 Belfast to Dublin Connolly. 
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, IrishTrainScenes said:

the 19.00 from Dublin Connolly to Belfast was 20 minutes late yesterday.

Delayed departure from Dublin due to a bridge strike earlier in Dublin causing complete mayhem and a late arrival of the Dublin service. Believe me The Enterprise was running 100%, no issues. 

• Informative 1

10 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Is the 10:00 northbound on Sundays (tomorrow!) likely to be a railcar or a De Dietrich?

Most likely railcar (ICR) which is due to be on until the 26th November.

Well, most likely an ICR. If there is an issue with the ICR then the DD will be called in, if that has an issue then IE will have to provide a 29000 set.

• Informative 1

14 minutes ago, IrishTrainScenes said:

Most likely railcar (ICR) which is due to be on until the 26th November.

Well, most likely an ICR. If there is an issue with the ICR then the DD will be called in, if that has an issue then IE will have to provide a 29000 set.

I’ll report back shortly! I’m on my way to get it now….

• Like 1