IRRS Zoom meeting on IE in the 1990's - 21st March 2024

Rate this topic

skinner75

ZOOM WEBINAR

Thursday 21 March 2024 19:30

Iarnród Éireann in the 1990s 

An illustrated presentation by by Tony Cooke.

Tony Cooke is a retired railwayman and driver, which gave him inside experience of the railway system. Tony will be presenting a selection of images from his vast collection showing Iarnród Éireann in the 1990s. Arguably the last decade of traditional railway operations before modernisation swept across the company from the 2000s onwards.

THIS EVENT WILL BE ZOOM ONLY.

Please click the link below to join the webinar:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86419759330?pwd=REE5b2NDdEloR3JBTkl1WE1HcjdkUT09

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Metrovik said:

I can't make it to the meeting live, is there anyway to see a recording of the meeting after the date? Will be shame to miss it.

Sometimes they will post a recording of the event - if they do, I'll stick it up here.

That one good thing to come out of Covid lockdowns - the IRRS started holding these Zoom meetings. I am a member, and never made it to a single meeting in Heuston for any of the slideshow/talks, so it has been great being able to tune in to the online meetings!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

Sometimes they will post a recording of the event - if they do, I'll stick it up here.

That one good thing to come out of Covid lockdowns - the IRRS started holding these Zoom meetings. I am a member, and never made it to a single meeting in Heuston for any of the slideshow/talks, so it has been great being able to tune in to the online meetings!

Best option given they open from 18.30 - 21.00 only these days

• Agree 1

Really enjoy IRRS zoom meetings would not make Heuston meetings living in Cork, great presentation of slides by Tony showing the variety of freight trains and Locos running in the 1990's 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I really enjoyed that! Great to see shots from locations you wouldn't normally see, being taken by the driver when held at a signal.

Also, the background detail behind the pics gave it that extra too.

I asked whether the recording was going to be uploaded to the IRRS youtube channel, for those that missed it, and it looks like it will be.

I'd rewatch the show myself, as I did get called away from the show during the first half, and want to see what I missed!

• Agree 4