Seagulls!

Rate this topic

This should be interesting 😂

8916F184-9A40-4BFC-B947-BE03643C1B4B.thumb.jpeg.e5a6d4b024a70fc2e07040f83e47d6ac.jpeg
120332B8-A55A-4465-8858-4F52F4161633.thumb.jpeg.615bc2df67b385426072618f687f4fe6.jpeg

I have the above x 4, so 48 in total.  As usual, a very high quality product from Modelu.  Getting ready to spray white primer, then I will pick out the details.  Can’t have a coastal layout without the ubiquitous sandwich grabbers 😂

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

There is the question of what species are they? No such thing as a 'sea gull',  instead many types from little to greater black backed, but in 4mm scale, quite how anyone could distinguish them is a challenge. The shade of grey on their backs, plus the colour of feet and beak sets them apart to some extent. Most of these will be herring or lesser black backed.

• Informative 2

1 minute ago, Galteemore said:

But surely there’s only one bird fit for Clogherhead….the loon, better known as….the Great Northern Diver…..IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.54722f5bd61f713386205520200ff887.jpeg

Indeed, I believe this may have been mentioned before……. during a discussion about Gannet the Great and his followers 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Davey said:

Indeed, I believe this may have been mentioned before……. during a discussion about Gannet the Great and his followers 😂

Apologies Patrick, this story has really grown wings and it’s hard to keep up as the narrative migrates in different directions. Seriously, the gulls look great. 

• Funny 2

23 hours ago, David Holman said:

Feet should be either yellow, pink, or grey 😋😎🤔.

With that number of birds you are probably going to need to make a fair bit of guano...

One should always pick a correct species for the area and model/paint accordingly. It's jarring to biologists to see inappropriate species depicted on layouts.

2021-04-12_08-49-28

• Funny 5

20 minutes ago, Brack said:

One should always pick a correct species for the area and model/paint accordingly. It's jarring to biologists to see inappropriate species depicted on layouts.

Especially if it's in the wrong livery.

(I'll get me coat...)

On 4/5/2024 at 10:18 AM, Metrovik said:

This thread has gone for the birds.....

Sure yer man's away with the birdies.....

• Funny 4