Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Those are some fantastic models Stephen. It's made me see card modelling in a whole new light. The buildings look really sturdy and they will last as long as they are looked after. This project is something that you have been planning for years so it is well thought out, and it shows. Every time I take a peek there is something new. If you have the space you might as well throw the kitchen sink at it. I love it.

Rich,

All credit to Glenderg (and you Dave) it's your work that's made this layout move from 'technically good' to stunning to look at too!

Only about 5 years in the planning Rich :) And probably will be the same or a bit longer in the building / detailing :) What better way to spend a decade :)

All credit to Glenderg (and you Dave) it's your work that's made this layout move from 'technically good' to stunning to look at too!

Only about 5 years in the planning Rich :) And probably will be the same or a bit longer in the building / detailing :) What better way to spend a decade :)

With the rate you're working at, I'll be surprised if it isn't all finished by this time next year!

I am finding I'm getting faster the more I do :) But I'd expect to not have -all- the track in place until at least next Paddy's day - and then have a fiddle yard to lay.

Then there is the computer control, block detection, signaling, automation, lighting, stock improvement; lighting; shipping; weathering' detailing, then the scenic stuff :)

I am finding I'm getting faster the more I do :) But I'd expect to not have -all- the track in place until at least next Paddy's day - and then have a fiddle yard to lay.

Then there is the computer control, block detection, signaling, automation, lighting, stock improvement; lighting; shipping; weathering' detailing, then the scenic stuff :)

So, like I said... this time next year! :cool:

=))

Exactly :)

Though of course I have a fear that once the mainline loop opens for business, I may well lose a few months to :trains:

That's where most of us fall down Stephen. Once trains can be run and you start running to a timetable it seems to make more sense to have a running session then work on the build. Don't ever see a time when you think that it's done. Always keep adding or changing bit's here and there, it keeps things fresh and interesting.

Rich,

Some shots / perspectives of the Blackrock Road Preservation Depot :)

Having secured generous EU funding, the Depot houses a collection of preserved steam and diesels :)

Last shot shows a RTP Bachmann Shed for scale (and an 071)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4532[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4533[/ATTACH]

The detail on the side walls are awesome. Great job

I've used small cardboard 'shims' placed under the black foam on the outside edge,

Small cornflake packet thickness at first, then slightly thicker card (about .5 / .6 mm thick) at the maximum (where both locos were photographed).

So as the train goes around the bend, the track gradually lifts, then eases out again. While of zero actual value in this scale, I feel it adds that little subconscious element that makes it worth doing,,..