Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

LOL, it's the track complexity and points I'm worrying about mainly at the moment :):)

A few more days should see the coach sidings and per way sidings functional, as well as the throat to those points.

I need to sort motors for the points next so I can power the frogs and get decent running :)

Got the coach sidings fully laid just there now, one more todo ticket off :)

Once the glue dries, I'll have an excuse to dig up a few boxes of cravens and 'practice' shunting the coaches between the sidings and platforms ;)

Next week then the plan is to cut, lay, glue and dropper the per way sidings and the overall station throat down to mainline level.... :)

i know - I honestly don't know how you make such rapid progress!! :)

Are the elves appearing in the night to lay track for ye ? :)

I was about to suggest the same thing myself Stephen. With all the other things he has going on he should win multi tasker of the year. Mind you I think that the younger Bosko's must be sneaking out of the bedroom at night to lay track on Amiens Street, especially when we see the rate that you are moving at too. When it comes down to the wiring and other electrics for my own layout I could offer cheap B&B for both of you at Casa RedRich.

Rich.

Rich,

Quick update but no photos today :)

Got all the points between the platforms and the mainline down today (the station throat). 7 large points, 3 medium a double slip and a crossover all adjusted, frog isolated, droppers soldered, laid, glued and set :) Phew!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a few snaps once the glue has gone off and I can take the weights off the trackwork :)

This was the big bit that was scaring me from my planning days and I'm happy to say that, as long as you just focus on each point as an individual, and go through the steps carefully, there is nothing more to it than laying a single point :)

Quick update but no photos today :)

Got all the points between the platforms and the mainline down today (the station throat). 7 large points, 3 medium a double slip and a crossover all adjusted, frog isolated, droppers soldered, laid, glued and set :) Phew!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a few snaps once the glue has gone off and I can take the weights off the trackwork :)

This was the big bit that was scaring me from my planning days and I'm happy to say that, as long as you just focus on each point as an individual, and go through the steps carefully, there is nothing more to it than laying a single point :)

No photos today :((, standards are slipping Stephen, get your finger out young man.

Rich,