Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Guest hidden-agenda
Courtesy of Anthony :)

Boskonay had you read the end of my thread on the SSM 30 ton Brakevan kit paint job i had told you they looked the dogs and they look better in the flesh.

Bit of a pictorial update this:

I am going to replace the flouro tubes in the attic with 'daylight' LED lighting, and much more of it - as you can see from the pics, the lighting is dreadful for photography (albeit with an iPhone too!)

Main news is full operation now on everything laid, the single running shed will now be used as a little wagon works, and a hoist has been installed out front. A small gantry crane is being tested for the freight roads - oh, and the engine shed has ARRIVED!! (and trust me, these photos don't some close to doing it justice!) If you want something done - talk to Glenderg on the forums!! :)

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

Cheers Herbie - entire focus is on operating for now, so most of the work is under the board :)

Next week I'll fit block circuit breaks, finally set up the DPDT switch for the programming track, and install a new bus for the motors, and a 12V DC bus for lighting (with periodic switch panels) !

Soldering every single track piece is slowing me down, but will hopefully be worth it - I've perfect voltage in every single inch of the layout so far, so operations should be 'less' stressful :)

Cheers Herbie - entire focus is on operating for now, so most of the work is under the board :)

Next week I'll fit block circuit breaks, finally set up the DPDT switch for the programming track, and install a new bus for the motors, and a 12V DC bus for lighting (with periodic switch panels) !

Soldering every single track piece is slowing me down, but will hopefully be worth it - I've perfect voltage in every single inch of the layout so far, so operations should be 'less' stressful :)

Great work Stephen, once I get to the stage where the electrical work is done, I tend to come to a stand still as the fun of operating the layout takes over. This is great for anyone thinking about building a layout as it is a work in progress. I think you could be in the running for the best layout on the group so far, well done.

Rich,

Cheers Rich - you're very kind!

I focus on the bits i know I can do well, like the wiring and shortly, computer control etc.

If anyone wants a closer look at anything I've botched together, more photos, etc, just let me know!

Another few weeks and I will hopefully have the entire terminus and yards fully operation, wired up, all the motors in and basic computer and route control working. To be honest, without computer route control, trying to negotiate that station throat would be a disaster :)

Great work Stephen, once I get to the stage where the electrical work is done, I tend to come to a stand still as the fun of operating the layout takes over. This is great for anyone thinking about building a layout as it is a work in progress. I think you could be in the running for the best layout on the group so far, well done.

Rich,

I know!! You do a wee test run and the next thing you've wasted 3 hours playing with it :)