Sergio Aguero is a hero

Rate this topic

201bhoy

I'm a Man U fan myself lads and if you look at both teams performances in the league over nine months then I would say that the best team won. How Mancini handled the issues with Tevez and Balotelli proves that he is a great Manager as he didn't let it affect the rest of the squad. There have been some great celebrations in Manchester over the last 20 years and tonight and tomorrow night will be no different.

It was a bit worrying to see John O'Shea limping off today as they are saying that he could be doubtful for the Euros.

Rich,

The thing is Vincent if City want to sell Tevez he has to be playing regularly if they are to get the money they want for him. I don't think Mancini would have the same power at City that Ferguson and Wenger have at Utd and Arsenal. Roman Abramovich was 19 when Ferguson took the Utd job so Ferguson holds a lot of power at Utd. Could you imagine the scene in the Utd dressing room if the Glazers came in after a match to have a go at the players. I would imagine that there would be a few boots kicked in their direction a la Beckham.

The reason I mention Abramovich is because when he did that last season Ray Wilkins told him to get the f**k out of the dressing room and he was sacked the following week and there was nothing that Carlo Ancelotti could do about it. Ancelotti was sacked himself at the end of that season after winning the double the year before.

Rich,

Man United fan here, too. Crazy, crazy day of football. Regardless of the outcome, I'm glad it's over and done with now, because the tension was unbearable near the end! Barton's actions come as no surprise... hopefully he'll get a nice long ban. Tevez should've seen red for his part in the incident, too.

Just saw the highlights of the other games on Match Of The Day. Felt sorry for Bolton - definite foul on the keeper for Stoke's first goal, and I'm pretty sure Crouch dived to win the penalty for the second.

There were some interesting events outside of the Premiership today, too. Borussia Dortmund thrashed Bayern Munich 5-2 in the DFB Pokal final, which won't do their Champions League final preparations any good, and in Serie A Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gatusso and Nesta all played their last game for AC Milan (Van Bommel is also leaving, but didn't play today). Inzaghi capped his farewell with a goal:

To be honest, I thought he was being too soft on them, letting them play after those incidents, but fair play to him he knew best in the end :) you're right about John O'Sea, suppose it would be Dunne and Ward in CB?

O'Shea plays at right back for Ireland... Dunne and St. Ledger are the recognised centre half pairing. If O'Shea's out, it'll more than likely be Stephen Kelly who'll replace him, although Seamus Coleman (and hopefully not McShane) would also be called up to join the squad.

I wouldn't like to see Ward lining out in central defence! :P

It was showing the end of the Sunderland match on sky sports news when I heard this shriek from Paul Merson and I saw the city fans tumbling about in the background! Even then I still thought it would be disallowed for offside or something! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I wouldn't like to see Ward lining out in central defence! :P

Especially when he's naturally a striker and and played there for Bohs fairly successfully.

A mad day, but what a day. My old man is a city supporter and he was resigned to defeat with 20 minutes to go. City just didn't look like scoring, and losing Toure in the 1st half was a big blow. But typical City, they had a surprise up their sleeve. Great finish by Aguero, quality always shines through in the end and his touch and finish was superb.

As a Liverpool fan I'm most delighted that the season is over. Still, at least we won something this year, unlike some ;)

Terrible season though, Champions League is where it's at, and if Liverpool want to but up a side again, they badly need to get back in it to attract better players etc. Sadly Kenny is not the man for that job.

Anyway, roll on the Euros. We'll have to set up a thread to see if there's any interest in forming a IRM fantasy football league for next season. I finished an almost respectable 5th in the WNXX forum league this year.

Especially when he's naturally a striker and and played there for Bohs fairly successfully.

A mad day, but what a day. My old man is a city supporter and he was resigned to defeat with 20 minutes to go. City just didn't look like scoring, and losing Toure in the 1st half was a big blow. But typical City, they had a surprise up their sleeve. Great finish by Aguero, quality always shines through in the end and his touch and finish was superb.

As a Liverpool fan I'm most delighted that the season is over. Still, at least we won something this year, unlike some ;)

Terrible season though, Champions League is where it's at, and if Liverpool want to but up a side again, they badly need to get back in it to attract better players etc. Sadly Kenny is not the man for that job.

Anyway, roll on the Euros. We'll have to set up a thread to see if there's any interest in forming a IRM fantasy football league for next season. I finished an almost respectable 5th in the WNXX forum league this year.

As another Liverpool fan I must agree about Kenny. I always felt it was very risky for him to come back as manager considering what he achieved before. Never try to recreate your greatest achievements.

Liverpool.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Edited by Tarabuses

As another Liverpool fan I must agree about Kenny. I always felt it was very risky for him to come back as manager considering what he achieved before. Never try to recreate your greatest achievements.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]660[/ATTACH]

Dalglish is a man out of time. He is at this moment one of only four managers that are currently managing in the Premier League that has actually won it. The world of football and the world around us has changed a lot since 1995 when Blackburn were champions. The way Dalglish handled the Suarez situation was wrong. You can understand players showing solidarity and compassion for Muamba and Petrov, but sending out players to warm up in t shirts to support Suarez after he had admitted in a statement that he had called Evra what we now know he called him stained the great reputation and history of one of the greatest football clubs in the history of the game.

It will be interesting to see if Wigan and Swansea can hold onto Martinez and Rodgers for next season. Great idea for a fantasy football league Fran. The prize for the winner is an all expenses paid trip on Anto to a Barclays Premier League match of your choice for the 2012-13 season.

Rich,

Yeah a fantasy league would be a good idea :) And sorry, I meant Darren O Dea.

My uncle's a Villa fan. To be honest I thought he was a bit of a desperate signing anyway.

Complete farce of a situation... O'Neill was doing a fantastic job at Villa, but Lerner wouldn't give him any transfer funds, so he left. Then Big Eck arrives and he's given money to spend. Anyway, McLeish is a free agent again and so is Heskey, so some poor club somewhere out there is in serious trouble! :P

In other news, Ruud Van Nistelrooy retired today.

Complete farce of a situation... O'Neill was doing a fantastic job at Villa, but Lerner wouldn't give him any transfer funds, so he left. Then Big Eck arrives and he's given money to spend. Anyway, McLeish is a free agent again and so is Heskey, so some poor club somewhere out there is in serious trouble! :P

In other news, Ruud Van Nistelrooy retired today.

I bet Villa fans are sick now that they what a job he's done with Sunderland! That's a shame about Ruud, best poacher I've ever seen!

I was delighted to see City winning it too but after tonight's behaviour from Tevez I think he'll be shown the door fairly rapidly.

As a Newcastle supporter its been a great season too, Europa League for us, its much better than relegation:). I fLiverpool try to buy our 'best' players I think this time we should just sell them Shola Ameobi because at least they can't make him much worse than he already is:p

I was delighted to see City winning it too but after tonight's behaviour from Tevez I think he'll be shown the door fairly rapidly.

As a Newcastle supporter its been a great season too, Europa League for us, its much better than relegation:). I fLiverpool try to buy our 'best' players I think this time we should just sell them Shola Ameobi because at least they can't make him much worse than he already is:p

Keep him just for Sunderland matches!

Dalglish is a man out of time. He is at this moment one of only four managers that are currently managing in the Premier League that has actually won it. The world of football and the world around us has changed a lot since 1995 when Blackburn were champions. The way Dalglish handled the Suarez situation was wrong. You can understand players showing solidarity and compassion for Muamba and Petrov, but sending out players to warm up in t shirts to support Suarez after he had admitted in a statement that he had called Evra what we now know he called him stained the great reputation and history of one of the greatest football clubs in the history of the game.

It will be interesting to see if Wigan and Swansea can hold onto Martinez and Rodgers for next season. Great idea for a fantasy football league Fran. The prize for the winner is an all expenses paid trip on Anto to a Barclays Premier League match of your choice for the 2012-13 season.

Rich,

Tongue bitten as I don't agree with your view of the Evra incident, but this isn't a foortball forum.

Edited by Tarabuses

Tongue bitten as I don't agree with your view of the Evra incident, but this isn't a foortball forum.

Tony this is an off topic forum and we happen to be discussing football in this thread. Don't hold back on your opinion, and speak your mind. We want this group to be open and for everyone to have a voice, and whatever your opinion is on the Suarez Evra race row you should say what you feel.

Rich,

Tony this is an off topic forum and we happen to be discussing football in this thread. Don't hold back on your opinion, and speak your mind. We want this group to be open and for everyone to have a voice, and whatever your opinion is on the Suarez Evra race row you should say what you feel.

Rich,

The last thing I want to see is the whole affair opened up once more. It took up too much time and caused more than enough argument, even amongst Liverpool fans, and I don't want to be the reason why it all kicks off again. Most people have their minds made up on this matter already and I doubt I could influence anyone at this stage. Luis needs to move on and, hopefully, will not be the subject of racist chants next season. The FA found that he was not a racist.

The last thing I want to see is the whole affair opened up once more. It took up too much time and caused more than enough argument, even amongst Liverpool fans, and I don't want to be the reason why it all kicks off again. Most people have their minds made up on this matter already and I doubt I could influence anyone at this stage. Luis needs to move on and, hopefully, will not be the subject of racist chants next season. The FA found that he was not a racist.

I agree that this issue has raged on long enough and shouldn't be dragged up again, but I have to take issue with the last part of your post there. Suarez was found guilty by a committee appointed by the FA of making racist remarks about Evra - that's why he received an 8-game ban.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/20/luis-suarez-patrice-evra-racism

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/999477/luis-suarez-banned-for-eight-games-by-fa?cc=5739

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7404047/FA-reveal-Suarez-ban-reasons

I'm not doing this to antagonise - just to state the facts.

I think this rumour has little credence.

We'll see. I didn't take it lightly, and it's from a source from my working days (i.e, not some spotty teenager that likes to play funny games on twitter)

As for Suarezgate, I don't think there is any point in bringing it up yet again. But Patrick is right in his correction. It was Evra himself who stated that he did not believe Suarez was racist in his testimony. Lets hope we do not see such sad incidents again.

I think this rumour has little credence.

Sky Sports text pages seem to be naming Benitez and Martinez as possible replacements for Dalglish. This has been one of the poorest Liverpool teams I have seen in a long time and their league position doesn't lie. I can't believe for a minute that any Liverpool fan would want to see Dalglish in charge again next season. They need to get a good young manager and give him time to rebuild the club and make them a force again. The reason Liverpool were so successful in their glory years was because of the boot room. You had Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Roy Evans. There was continuity at the club and that breeds success. People have always written Utd off when big players have left saying they will never be replaced. It's when Ferguson goes that Utd could struggle as he has been the continuity for Utd's success in the Premier League era, and I think Scholes is irreplaceable. I see Juan Matta and Torres have been excluded from the Spain squad for the Euros.

Rich,

Didn't think the Spanish squad had been announced yet Rich, were did you see that?

It was a misquote on a football forum from the Spanish football media Fran that has since been corrected. They along with David Villa have been left out of the first preliminary squad for friendlies before the tournament. I would imagine they (Torres and Mata) are not included because of the Champions League final. I would assume that Villa is injured. Rio Ferdinand could miss out for England according to Sky Sports News. That doesn't surprise me as Rio is well past his best days. Jonny Evans carried him in a lot of games this season.

Rich,

I agree that this issue has raged on long enough and shouldn't be dragged up again, but I have to take issue with the last part of your post there. Suarez was found guilty by a committee appointed by the FA of making racist remarks about Evra - that's why he received an 8-game ban.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/20/luis-suarez-patrice-evra-racism

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/999477/luis-suarez-banned-for-eight-games-by-fa?cc=5739

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7404047/FA-reveal-Suarez-ban-reasons

I'm not doing this to antagonise - just to state the facts.

He was found guilty of making racist remarks but they stated that he was not racist. The fact that the media may have chosen not to report that only emphasises their hidden agenda.

He was found guilty of making racist remarks but they stated that he was not racist. The fact that the media may have chosen not to report that only emphasises their hidden agenda.

Perhaps I can finally bring this to a conclusion by providing a copy of para 454 of the FA report:

X Conclusion

454. We conclude these Reasons with the following comment. The Charge against Mr Suarez

was that he used insulting words which included a reference to Mr Evra's colour. We have

found that Charge proved on the evidence and arguments put before us. The FA made

clear that it did not contend that Mr Suarez acted as he did because he is a racist. Mr Evra

said in his evidence that he did not think Mr Suarez is a racist. Mr Suarez said in evidence

that he will not use the word “negro” on a football pitch in England in the future, and we

believe that is his genuine and firm intention.