CIE 6w Heating Vans

Rate this topic

Mayner

Has anyone a copy of a CIE GA or Weight/Painting diagram of the 6w Heating Vans?

I will consider producing a set of etched brass parts for the van including chassis and roof, if I get a minimum of 10 expressions of interest and a copy of the all important drawing.

Hi John

Thanks, you could count me in for two if it is this van below (posted by Richie back in 2014). I love the shape and the smooth curved arc of the tumbledown. I travelled on trains with these in the 60s. I presume these pre-dated the Dutch vans by a decade.

Noel

All photos from Richie's post in 2014 - http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/3553-Generator-cars-for-irish-coaching-stock-specifically-HLV?p=55502&viewfull=1#post55502

attachment.php?attachmentid=15037&d=1410573724

attachment.php?attachmentid=15035&d=1410573723

attachment.php?attachmentid=15038&d=1410573725

Has anyone a copy of a CIE GA or Weight/Painting diagram of the 6w Heating Vans?

I will consider producing a set of etched brass parts for the van including chassis and roof, if I get a minimum of 10 expressions of interest and a copy of the all important drawing.

John

I'll have two of the six wheel Vans from you please.

Ref Drawings. Richard McLachlan has/is taking photographs of drawings in the IRRS's possession. Do you have his contact details? If not,I can contact him to enquire if he can be of assistance to you with this project. He may be able to sourcing the required drawings and photograph them for you!

David.

AKA - Old Blarney.

John would also consider rerunning the 4wheel van if he had sufficient interest ,

personally Id buy two, ( the 4w were far more prevalent then the 6w)

Ah Dave your just saying that cause you know I'm keen on the iconic 6w and its Craven like sectional profile. :) :)

PS: Dear site Admins is there a reason there is a mandatory 5 minutes delay between posts. This only started last week? Its really annoying when one has been off the site for a while, later visit to read some interesting threads and perhaps reply to more than one? As an admin on two other forums we have used such features to stop some folk 'chatting online' in the early hours and cluttering the forum with trivia, but not sure such problem exists on IRM.

• 1 month later...