Provincial Wagons

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Guest hidden-agenda
Check out the Provisional Wagons thread in the Manufacturers Forum

I wonder if the longer chassis on the Beer Tubs could be mass produced for other uses?

Nice wagon but the provo,s blew up trains they did,nt make them. =))

In reply to Dave's point about the chassis plus insert (for that is what they are) being used for other purposes - watch this space! We plan a skeleton flat as built by CIE and suitable for a standard 20ft container. I might even do a model of the orange CIE container to go on it - I photographed the "preserved" RPSI one out the back of Whitehead shed!

This is all a bit of distraction and nothing to do with the GNR, which is what I really want! However, if enough of you guys want enough of them, I'll oblige - sales of my previous CIE wagons are not such as to encourage me away from the home interest, where I have no trouble selling a hundred wagons of any type, including my handmade brakevans.

Before the tub wagon goes ahead, I need feedback on preferred length. To date, only Dave has commented. The longer version is nearer to the prototype, but the short one looks OK?

Please tell me!

Thanks

Leslie

(An Official Reply to a Provisional Question)

A 20' Container flat AND an Orange CIE Container ~ now that's something on almost everybody's Wish List, I would think :-bd

Yes. please, Leslie =D

Any chance of your thoughts turning to the CIE 10' Uniload Container ??? Something not commercially available.

Re: the Beer Tub Wagon, I'd vote for the longer chassis, provided the extension doesn't weaken the chassis.

[ We plan a skeleton flat as built by CIE and suitable for a standard 20ft container. I might even do a model of the orange CIE container to go on it.

I would definatly be interested in quite a few of these MX type wagons including a container-also useful for carrying guinness pallets.

Extended version please Leslie can you confirm or deny the tubs official name was an iron lung in the day?.

Sorry, I've no idea. A website suggests that the nickname refers to the aluminium kegs which replaced the wooden casks in the late 1950s.

Keep the votes coming on the short versus long Guinness tub wagon, please - a lot of votes will convince me to do it sooner!

Leslie

A 20' Container flat AND an Orange CIE Container ~ now that's something on almost everybody's Wish List, I would think :-bd

Yes. please, Leslie =D

Any chance of your thoughts turning to the CIE 10' Uniload Container ??? Something not commercially available.

Re: the Beer Tub Wagon, I'd vote for the longer chassis, provided the extension doesn't weaken the chassis.

Hi Frank,

I know we have spoken lately and you are now aware that uniload boxes are available from me at irishfreightmodels@gmail.com, but just reiterating it here for everyones attention.

regards

IFM